Evidence is a 14-hour intermediate evidence course for those familiar with the basics of evidence presented in the Principles of Administrative Justice course. Evidence is necessary for fair, transparent and justifiable decisions. The course assists decision-makers, administrators and advocates acquire additional skills and tools related to gathering, admitting, using and weighing evidence in a variety of processes. Through large and small group exercises, participants practice dealing with evidentiary applications and common evidentiary issues, such as pre-hearing disclosure, production of documents, admissibility of evidence, and experts. Participants deal with scenarios to identify and weigh the evidence and assess credibility as part of decision-making. The course includes introductory tips and practice for writing about evidence. This course addresses the core competencies related to evidence.
2021 Livestream Course Dates
September 13, 14, 20 & 21
November 1, 2, 4 & 5
Recommended prior FOAJ Training: Principles of Administrative Justice
This course intends to:
- refresh basic evidentiary principles from the Principles of Administrative Justice course.
- identify best practices to work with evidence during the hearing process and in decision making.
- strengthen competencies in evaluating evidence during decision making.
- introduce how to write about evidence.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- explain basic terms and principles of evidence
- identify and evaluate relevant and reliable evidence in a case, consistent with the legislative or contractual context.
- anticipate and resolve at least one common evidentiary application in a fair process to move a case forward to completion.
- weigh evidence to make explainable findings of fact.
- examine credibility using established principles and guidelines to make justifiable and rational findings of credibility.
- support findings of fact with evidence and basic reasons explaining the weighing of evidence and findings of credibility.
In-Person or Livestream: $1,070.00 Members / $1,320.00 Non Members
- Foundation of Administrative Justice
- Paid Training
- Additional Information:
- How to Register:
- Take me to the course