Mental Health Works
Mental Health Works provides capacity building workshops on workplace mental health to both employers and employees. Our approach is person centred, evidence based, and solutions focused. We meet the needs of workplaces for mental health training in three essential areas.
Mental Health Works CORE (1-day)
This workshop provides participants an in depth understanding of mental health and mental illness. It is made up of four modules: Mental Health at Work, Mood and Depression, Stress and Anxiety, and Psychological Health and Safety. Our core workshop presents a balanced, cross-cutting approach that features awareness building, responding skills, and collaborative change.
Participants will have contact with employees who work and live with a mental illness, either live or through video. This workshop is highly interactive, with activities and discussion throughout.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Have a better understanding of mental health
- Be more able to recognized signs and symptoms of common mental illnesses at work
- Start to build confidence in having conversations around mental health concerns
- Build greater comfort in seeking help for themselves and others
- Be more aware of where to look and how to ask for resources
*See below for condensed versions of the 1-day workshop:
Mental Health IN FOCUS (half-day)
These workshops take content from the Mental Health Works Core Workshop and focus it to your needs in a half-day format. Workplaces that want to learn more about specific mental health issues or the National Standard for Psychological Health and Safety can now focus on one topic at a time.
Mental Health ESSENTIALS (1-hour)
These workshops provide an overview of the most essential ideas and skills in workplace mental health. Short (1 hour) presentations can target specific topics such as depression, stress, psychological health and safety, and many more.
- Upon Request
- To Be Decided
- Mental Health Association of Yukon
- Contact Info:
- Executive Director867-668-6429 | firstname.lastname@example.org 1-1114 Front St (Horwoods Mall) Whitehorse, YT
- Additional Information:
- Contact the Mental Health Association of Yukon to register.
- How to Register:
- Take me to the course