First Level Supervisor Training Program
Supervisors play a key role in ensuring the job gets done on time, on budget and safely. This course will introduce you to all aspects of supervision, beginning with a discussion of the supervisor’s role and the skills required. Then, the supervision basics are covered: leadership vs. management, due diligence, communication skills, meetings, and handling disagreements and problems.
The course then examines the supervisor’s role with respect to safety, looking at inspections, investigations and training. Human resource management comes next, including addressing personal problems and performance issues. The course introduces you to planning and scheduling, followed by productivity and quality, including problem solving for quality outcomes. The final section teaches you how to lead an effective work team by discussing concepts, motivation and team performance.
This course is intended for foremen and supervisors or any individual who wants to become a First Level Supervisor in any part of the country, in any sector (residential, industrial, commercial, institutional, pipeline, civil).
This course will provide you with the tools to help you:
• Build your supervisory skills
• Lead a work crew
• Communicate effectively
• Understand the supervisor’s role in safety and due diligence
• Develop and motivate teams
• Address performance issues
The course duration is approximately 14 hours.
This course has been accredited by the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) for five (5) credits toward Gold Seal Certification. A final mark of 100% is required in order to receive a certificate of completion. Upon successful completion you can download your certificate.
- Upon Request
- Construction Industry Training Network
- Contact Info:
- Kerry Vital1-844-393-2339 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paid Training
- Additional Information:
- Please note, new registrations will be processed Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Pacific Standard Time. Courses purchased outside of these hours or on weekends or holidays will receive logins and instructions on the next business day.
- How to Register:
- Take me to the course