Essentials of Contract Law Delivery: 1 Day
Signature Seminar: Essentials of Contract Law Delivery (1-Day)
Procurement and contract management professionals need to know about key areas of contract law in Canada including the differences between regular contract law and the laws of competitive bidding, and that is what this in-depth one-day course covers. Participants will examine the legal obligations unique to public-sector professionals, as well as those common to all sectors, and explore the laws surrounding agency and information rights, including copyright and confidentiality. They will review the laws governing collusion and bid-rigging, including patterns to watch for, and apply lessons learned through interactive case-study discussions. Throughout the course, participants will document key findings and lessons learned, so that they can apply them in their work.
- Discuss Canada’s legal system and pivotal procurement case law
- Identify the elements of a legally binding contract
- Differentiate between regular contract law and competitive contract law and analyze the relationship between Contract A and Contract B
- Recognize the legal duties of owners and respondents during a competitive solicitation process
- Distinguish between binding and non-binding solicitation processes
- Recognize the implications of acting as an agent for your organization
- Review copyright and confidentiality considerations when contracts include proprietary information
- Examine strategies to avoid liability, conflict of interest and bid-rigging
NECI's Signature Seminars - In-house Procurement Training with Expert Instructors
Designed specifically for face to face classroom training, this workshop incorporates leading edge curriculum design and adult education principles. Centered around hands-on case study exercises and practical examples, your team can immediately apply what they learned, thereby deepening their understanding and knowledge retention. Ample time is given for confidential and detailed discussion of your policies, templates, and unique challenges.
Our Signature Seminars provide the additional opportunity to facilitate team-building and cross-functional understanding of the complexity and importance of procurement activities by including end users, administrative staff, legal and senior management participation.
Most professional designations include a maintenance program to ensure members are staying up to date in their field. Log credits with NECI’s programs while participating in relevant and meaningful training that supports professional performance.
- Upon Request
- To Be Decided
- National Education Consulting Inc. (NECI)
- Contact Info:
- Kim Holl250-370-0041 | firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice Hours: 7:30 am - 3:30 pm PST
- Paid Training
- Additional Information:
- Contact us to schedule this one-day classroom training or discuss possibilities of collaborating with other communities to share costs. Cost for the one-day training is $7,000 plus reasonable travel disbursements (i.e. airfare, hotel, $65 per diem) and applicable tax.
- How to Register:
- Take me to the course