This course is designed to teach and familiarize owners, managers, supervisors and project managers with construction contracts and contract law, liabilities and responsibilities of all parties to a contract, compiling and submitting proper extras and claims, and ways and means for leaders to avoid conflict with contracts, owners, trades and labour.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Understand the origins of law
• Understand what a contract is and what makes a contract valid or invalid
• Understand the roles in the construction industry as they apply to contract law
• Know the different types of construction contracts
• Interpret contracts
• Understand what a custom contract consists of
• Understand the principles of surety and the different types of bonds that are used
• Know what type of insurance is required in the construction industry
• Understand claims, the reasons for claims and the process of making a claim
• Know the acts and regulations that are relevant to the construction industry
The course duration is approximately 4 hours.
This course has been accredited by the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) for two (2) credits toward Gold Seal Certification. A final mark of 75% is required in order to receive a certificate of completion. Upon successful completion you can download your certifcate.
- Upon Request
- Construction Industry Training Network
- Contact Info:
- Kerry Vital1-844-393-2339 | email@example.com
- Paid Training
- Additional Information:
- Please note, new registrations will be processed Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Pacific Standard Time. Courses purchased outside of these hours or on weekends or holidays will receive logins and instructions on the next business day.
- How to Register:
- Take me to the course