Confined Spaces Safety Awareness
Confined spaces can be hazardous if not approached with an understanding of how to prepare for entry, how to enter and work safely, and what to do if an incidence occurs. This course will introduce you to the types of confined spaces and the associated hazards. You will learn about the activities within a confined space and codes of practice. Different types of hazard controls are presented, including engineering, administrative and protective equipment. Confined space entry procedures, including the rescue plan and evacuation (escape) plan, are explained. Your roles and responsibilities in post-entry inspections and retention of records are also explained.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the types of confined spaces
- Recognize the potential hazards
- Assess and control the hazards
- Understand your roles and responsibilities prior to entry, while working and on leaving a confined space
The course duration is approximately 3 hours.
This course has been accredited by the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) for one (1) credit toward Gold Seal Certification. A final mark of 100% is required in order to receive a certificate of completion. Upon successful completion you can download your certifcate.
- Upon Request
- Construction Industry Training Network
- Contact Info:
- Kerry Vital1-844-393-2339 | email@example.com
- Paid Training
- Additional Information:
- Please note, new registrations will be processed Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Pacific Standard Time. Courses purchased outside of these hours or on weekends or holidays will receive logins and instructions on the next business day.
- How to Register:
- Take me to the course