Fuel Truck Driver
- Vuntut Gwitchin Government
- Vuntut Gwichen First Nation
P.O. Box 94, Old Crow, Yukon, Y0B 1N0, Canada (Old Crow, YT)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Fuel Delivery Driver
Full Time Employment
Location: Old Crow, YT
Reporting to the Fuel and Maintenance Coordinator, the Fuel Delivery Driver is responsible for delivering fuel in the community and supporting fuel haul at the tank farm as needed. When demand for fuel delivery is low, the incumbent will be directed to other projects within the department as directed.
- Provide fuel delivery services to clients within Old Crow.
- Conduct all routine record keeping.
- Conduct regular equipment inspections and perform basic maintenance as required.
- Provide support when fuel hauls are conducted to replenish main storage tanks
- During fuel delivery down time throughout the year, provide support to the department as assigned (eg. cargo handling, community event support, warehouse projects, maintenance projects).
License, Knowledge & Experience
- Class 3 or 1 driver's license, air brake endorsement, and a clean driver’s abstract
- WHMIS & Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certification
- Demonstrated ability to work with little supervision, assume responsibility and meet deadlines
- Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to perform routine vehicle maintenance
- Excellent customer service skills
- Adaptable to changing work assignments
Conditions of Employment
- Call outs during evenings/weekends may be required.
- Work during the winter months will require the incumbent to be standing outside in extreme cold conditions with regular exposure to diesel/oil fumes.
Local Application Deadline: December 1, 2022 or Until Filled
Send Applications and/or resumes to:
We thank all those who apply – Priority will be given to citizens of the
Vuntut Gwitchin First Nation
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website