Tenant Relations Officer
- Kwanlin Dün First Nation
- Kwanlin Dün First Nation
35 McIntyre Drive, Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 5A5, Canada (Whitehorse, YT)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- 35 hours/week
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Kwanlin Dün First Nation (KDFN) is seeking a Tenant Relations Officer who will be responsible for establishing and maintaining positive relations with tenants occupying homes and properties owned by KDFN by liaising with and counseling prospective and current tenants on housing related matters. Knowledge of practical housing issues and related social concerns frequently faced by tenants, combined with the ability to communicate effectively and encourage healthy behaviours are all priorities of the position.
Communication and enforcement of tenancy agreements, KDFN housing policies, Yukon Landlord and Tenant Act and basic home maintenance standards is a necessary aspect of this position. We are seeking an individual who understands and is sensitive to the needs of tenants while at the same time ensures our policies, procedures and standards are enforced. The ability to deal with sensitive and difficult situations is critical and fit in terms of suitability is a key to success in this role.
This is not a training and development opportunity.
- Social Science or Social Work Degree or diploma or equivalent experience;
- Sound working knowledge of Yukon Landlord and Tenants Act, KDFN Rental Housing Policy, Housing Legislation, relevant regulations, CMHC Housing programs and lease agreements and experience implementing such acts & policies;
- Considerable successful experience supervising & motivating staff and managing finances;
- Training and experience in conflict resolution and negotiation is essential;
- Experience administering housing lease agreements, overseeing residential property management or similar is required;
- Experience in a social housing administration setting and dealing with social agencies, tribunals, evictions and data tracking of tenants is an asset.
- Excellent public relations skills with the ability to gain and maintain trust;
Note: An equivalent combination of formal education and considerable experience in the above areas will be considered.
Conditions of Employment/Job Requirements: Valid Class 5 driver’s license, abstract and personal vehicle; pre-employment acceptable security clearance.
- Additional Information:
- *KDFN has a generous employer paid benefits package that commences after 3 months of continued employment. Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 7 hours per day (1820 hours per year). Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources via fax (633-8414), or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Note: For those submitting applications via email, you will receive a manual response stating that your email has been received. If you do not receive this manual response within two (2) business days, please contact the Human Resources Unit. For a full job description, please visit our website at http://www.kwanlindun.com/employment We thank all those who apply; only those screened in for an interview will be contacted. Temporary Assignments may be considered, please ensure you have approval prior to applying. Note: The KDFN Hiring Preference Policy will be in effect. An eligibility list may be established from this competition to hire identical or similar positions in the future. KDFN reserves the right to underfill this position.
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website