Mine Site Cost Accountant
- First Nation of Nacho Nyak Dun
- Alexco Resource Corp
Keno Hill , Keno (Keno City, YT)
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Alexco Resource Corp., a publicly traded company listed on the TSX and NYSE American (under the symbol AXU),
is a primary silver company that provides exceptional exposure and leverage to silver in one of the safest mining
jurisdictions in the world. Owning the Keno Hill Silver District, located in the Yukon Territory, Canada, we are a
proven explorer, developer, and mine operator with one of the highest-grade historic silver districts in the world.
Alexco is committed to the responsible and sustainable development of Keno Hill. Our culture and values drive us
to achieve excellence in all that we do, while supporting the communities and organizations in the areas in which
We are looking for a detail oriented and self-motivated individual to join our operations team.
Reporting to the VP, Operations, in coordination with the Corporate Vancouver office, the successful candidate will
work out of the Vancouver/Whitehorse office and travel to site approximately one week of every month.
The successful candidate will be responsible for acting as a liaison and financial resource for the operations team,
preparing monthly operating and capital reports and analyses, and providing support for other operational and
financial reporting as needed.
KEY RESPOBSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Preparing weekly and monthly cost reports with variance analysis;
• Working with the operations team to identify and understand variances and discrepancies;
• Maintaining and tracking equipment usage and costs;
• Maintaining and tracking capital purchases and projects;
• Planning and developing cost tracking procedures and forms;
• Compiling and consolidating data from various outlets into one output;
• Responsible for the development of annual operating and capital budgets;
• Preparing quarterly spending and production forecasts;
• A site resource for facilitating and educating stakeholders in the use of the budget/forecast as a
• Actively identifying areas to continuously improve efficiency and cost reporting accuracy;
• Timely delivery of deliverables;
• Facilitate and manage own workload with minimal supervision;
• Assist with Corporate as needed on external financial reporting and auditing requirements.
• Post-Secondary training in accounting, financial management or business-related field;
• 7+ years accounting experience, with experience in mining or management accounting is an asset;
• Professional designation or working towards a designation with the CPA an asset;
• Possess advanced Excel skills, with experience in data modeling and manipulation;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with superior attention to detail and accuracy;
• Ability to work well under pressure and independently with minimal supervision in a dynamic
• Knowledge of IFRS and SAGE 300 an asset
• Resourceful, enthusiastic, and not afraid to bring new ideas to the table
REWARDS & CULTURE
Alexco Resource offers a competitive remuneration package. We offer a supportive culture that prides itself on
teamwork, professionalism and safety.
Interested candidates should e-mail their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Indicate on the
subject line: Mine Site Cost Accountant Opportunity. No telephone calls please. Only successful candidates will
- Additional Information:
- Interested candidates should e-mail their cover letter and resume to email@example.com Indicate on the subject line: Mine Site Cost Accountant Opportunity. No telephone calls please. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- To apply:
- View Complete Posting