- Dease River First Nation
- Dease River First Nation - Whitehorse Office
101C-170 Titanium Way, Whitehorse, YT, Y1A OG1, Canada (Whitehorse, YT)
- Hours / week:
- 35 hours/week
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
- Contact Info:
- Yvonne Moon
Salary Depending on Experience
This position is based out of the Whitehorse, YT, office with travel into the community of Good Hope Lake as required.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Wellness Directors is responsible for ensuring that the community and membership have access to efficient and quality wellness programs & services. The Director will work as team lead to deliver quality programs and services to Dease River First Nation (DRFN) community members and their families that support mental wellness and deliver social program services. This position also provides clerical and administrative support in order to ensure that DRFN Wellness Department provides it services in an effective and efficient manner.
· Develop, implement, and evaluate of wellness related programs & services for Dease River First Nation
· Support advocate and provide information to assist clients in the wellness & social programs within DRFN
· Ensure the Wellness Department is providing supports to its clients through developing and planning a wellness strategy while leading multiple initiatives, and processes
· Supervision, direction, and evaluation of all wellness employees
· Oversee program budgets and policies in all areas of wellness & social programming
· Provide appropriate information to the members around wellness programs & services.
· Oversee and provide support for working with Jordan’s Principle
· Writing proposals and reports to external organizations for funding with all Wellness related activities
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor of Social Work Degree with three years relevant experience or a combination education and experience with a minimum five (5) years experience working in the wellness/social work field with significant experience in a First Nation environment.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org later than 4:00 pm on the closing date.
Posting Date: November 7, 2023 Closing Date: Until filled
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website