Toddler Early Childhood Educator
- Tr’ondek Hwech’in
Front Street, Dawson (Dawson City, YT)
- Hours / week:
- 40 hours/week
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Toddler Early Childhood Educator - Permanent
Department: Tr’inke Zho
Location: Tr’ondëk Hwech’in Offices, Dawson, YT
Posting Date: August 9, 2022
Standard Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: Level 2-5 ($25.42-$37.18/hr)
Closing Date 4:00pm (YST): Until Filled
Reporting to the Tr’inke Zho Daycare Director, this position is responsible for the supervision of up to and including six children ages eighteen months to three years old. The position is responsible for carrying out the section program to meets the individual needs of the children in this area, and ensuring YG regulations are followed at all times. This position works in close partnership with the Infant Early Childhood Educator.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit a cover letter & resume clearly demonstrating the qualifications below, as selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide. Applications will not be accepted without a cover letter and resume.
• Post-secondary certificate, diploma or coursework in Early Childhood Education or related academic field of study. An equivalent combination of education, experience, skills and abilities may be considered.
• Experience working with children, especially toddlers in an early childhood setting or related environment.
• Experience working in a team environment.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with families.
• Experience or knowledge in working with First Nation children and families.
• Knowledge of YG Child Care regulations.
Conditions of Employment:
• Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in personnel. Failure to meet this requirement could result in dismissal.
• Criminal record check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
• Medical clearance, TB test and OPEN immunization record.
• Standard First Aid Certification and CPR.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website