Tenant Relations Officer - Term
- Tr’ondek Hwech’in
- Tr'ondek Hwech'in Government
123, Dawson City, Y0B1G0, Canada (Dawson City, YT)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- 35 hours/week
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Tenant Relations Officer – Term
Department: Housing & Infrastructure
Location: Tr’ondek Hwech’in Offices – Dawson, YT
Posting Date: August 28, 2023
Standard Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Start Date: Immediately
End Date: September 6, 2024 (possible extension)
Salary: Level 6 Step 1 ($2,790.51 biweekly)
Closing Date: Until Filled
Reporting to the Housing & Facilities Manager, the Tenant Relations Officer is the front-line liaison position between the Department and all tenants residing in TH rental housing units. This incumbent is responsible for developing and maintaining good relations with tenants, for informing tenants of the full cost of rental housing, and that minimizing costly repairs and damage is critical to prevent corresponding rent increases, for explaining requirements under Tenancy Agreements, Housing Policies and the Yukon Residential Landlord and Tenants Act, for effective ongoing communications and for scheduling annual required inspections and unit condition assessments. The position serves as a neutral office for tenants to relay concerns or complaints and helps identify the needs of individual tenants and assisting in connecting them to supporting programs and services. The incumbent assists tenants with completing necessary forms and applications, and/or seeking other housing options. The incumbent performs administrative and clerical functions for the department, maintains an up-to-date records management system of tenant files, and works closely with the Housing Committee by providing administrative support, by preparing agendas, meeting packages and minutes and by tracking action items of the Committee. The incumbent supports the development of a comprehensive, citizen-informed program to empower 'willing and able' tenants to keep their home well-maintained by minimizing damage, and doing some aspects of basic maintenance and repairs themselves.
An Eligibility List may be established from this competition – the duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full-time, permanent part-time, temporary full-time, temporary part-time, term, or auxiliary on-call vacancies within the same department and classification based on the organizational needs by going the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit a cover letter & resume clearly demonstrating the qualifications below, as selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide. Applications will not be accepted without a cover letter and resume.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent with post-secondary diploma, certificate or coursework in office/business administration or similar field. An equivalent combination of education, knowledge, skills, and experience may be considered.
- 2 years of experience working in a housing and/or property office setting.
- Demonstrated experience in arranging meetings, taking minutes, and tracking of action items, etc.
- Basic Knowledge of general office equipment operation and understanding of the management of work order systems.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel) and use of database systems (e. eMaint or similar).
- Knowledge of the Landlord and Tenants Act and related policies.
- Basic knowledge of case management theory/practice (social service skills), an asset.
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong organization, prioritization, planning, scheduling, and time management skills, .
- Good coordination skills, ability to connect and follow-up on client needs with service staff.
- Ability to deal with pressures of day-to-day workload, and potentially irate tenants and citizens.
- Ability to work with critical deadlines under minimal supervision.
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal records with vulnerable sector screening
- Class 5 driver’s license with a clear driver’s abstract.
- Standard First Aid or willingness to obtain.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website