NA, Whitehorse, Canada (Northwest Territories)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
This senior IT position is accountable for application and technical solution architecture, design, standards for development and support, and full security compliance in end-to-end information technology initiatives at Northwestel. The Solutions Architect expresses a keen interest in problem-solving, creative thinking, be self-motivated as well as being an active member of cross-functional teams. The position participates in a range of project and operational initiatives with a primary focus on designing, developing and evolving our customer web experience through digital and mobile platforms.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
- Leadership, advocacy and delivery within a cross-functional team framework
- Feasibility analyses of potential future projects or operational changes
- Design solutions mindful of industry trends, overall business and IT strategies and plans, encompassing mandated compliance with all corporate security policies and practices
- Address systems integration, compatibility and multiple platform requirements and constraints;
- Understand the current and evolving BSS/OSS environment and how it can be levered within the overall scope of duties
- Contribute to business cases for new products and actively participate in identified customer-facing projects
- Direct liaison with internal stakeholders, peers, third party vendors and internal IT development teams – to understand customer and company requirements and define the technical requirements to be fulfilled
- Provide direction to internal and external developers, content managers and support personnel on design, coding and remediation standards
Knowledge and Competencies Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science, management science, engineering, mathematics or related discipline that demonstrates working knowledge in the Information Systems/Technology field
- 8 to 10 years of progressive experience in the information technology field, in one or more of the following solutions architecture areas: web, data, security, applications, technology, service-oriented
- Demonstrated knowledge of agile development and/or API microservices integration approach to solution delivery
- Experience in one or more of the following is desirable: business analysis; project management; web content management applications such as Drupal; business case preparation/feasibility studies
- Experience in the telecommunications industry is desirable
- Knowledge of telecommunications operational processes and the OSS/BSS systems that support them is desirable
- As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety-conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Bachelors or better.
8-10 years: 8 to 10 years of progressive experience in the information technology field, in one or more of the following solutions architecture areas: web, data, security, applications, technology, service-oriented
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website