Shipper Receiver Service Technician
NA, Iqaluit, Canada (Varies)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
The Shipper Receiver Service Technician will perform various duties in the Warehouse and Shipping dept. Also, be responsible for payphone coin collection, Property Management and Environment, assist with Mobile & Fixed Fleet Equipment, and so much more. Graduate of a related technical diploma program from a recognized technical college/school or equivalent communications experience with a minimum Grade 12 education and demonstrated advanced numeric and literacy skills.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
Warehousing & Shipping
- Package and document all outgoing shipments in accordance with all standards, regulations and policies.
- Receive and assist with the unloading of all incoming shipments organize, maintain and document issues and receipts of all material in the warehouse and storage facilities.
- Send and receive internal orders.
- Deliver and pick up freight.
- Create replenishment orders for inventory items as required.
- Collect coins, clean and inspect payphones as scheduled, and deposit all payphone money into the Northwestel bank account and provide the deposit slip to Accounting.
Property Management and Environment
- Distribute keys for properties and buildings, and maintain tracking records for keys in cooperation with Safety and Security.
- Inventory control and dispersal of Environmental equipment (i.e. spill kits).
- Manage and maintain records related to the refurbishing of existing and future Northwestel material and equipment. Provide Transport of Dangerous Goods logistic support.
- Assist the Property Management team with management of employee housing in Iqaluit; including coordination of maintenance and repairs, inventory of furniture, etc. relating to employee housing.
Mobile & Fixed Fleet Equipment
- Assist Operations and Bell Fleet with vehicle records, monthly mileage reporting, insurance paperwork, etc.
- Coordinate activities related to the management and sustainment of the Xerox fleet and other equipment such as office equipment (computer and peripherals).
Coordination of Sealift
- Responsible for Nunavut Sealift, planning and execution from end to end through coordination with CILS Team.
- Assist CILS Team for corporate sealift duties (Capital & Expenses).
- Install and maintain communication equipment and associated wiring/fiber.
- Organize, develop, plan and document all on site work to the Customer's/Company's satisfaction including coordinating work with other employees and training customers.
- Climb poles, operate vehicular equipment, and use ladders, power and hand tools in a safe efficient manner.
- Contribute to continuous improvement in the delivery of products and services to internal and external customers.
- Required to travel to sites and out of town and may be required for call outs.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Successfully completed of a recognized Warehousing, Logistics apprenticeship program or equivalent years of experience would be considered.
- Graduate of a related technical diploma program from a recognized technical college/school or equivalent communications experience with a minimum Grade 12 education and demonstrated advanced numeric and literacy skills.
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Certification Ground and Air preferred (if not certified, must agree to obtain future certification).
- The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) certificate (if not certified, must agree to obtain future certification).
- Knowledge of Centurion and Millennium payphone products and service repairs would be an asset.
- Previous experience in Industrial Warehousing techniques and a sound working knowledge of telephone equipment and associated material would be an asset.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have strong problem solving skills.
- Must be willing to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in MS Office programs.
- Must be physically capable of heavy lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness to travel to sites and out of town, respond to call outs and work shift work when required.
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license. Must be bondable.
- As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website