Senior Financial Analyst
NA, Whitehorse, Canada (Whitehorse, YT)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Finance, the Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for providing timely, accurate, relevant and reliable on-going financial information to the organization, through the use of; reports, training, counsel and troubleshooting, to ensure that decisions are made effectively and strategically, based on the most accurate and appropriate information possible. The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for ensuring that company assets are protected, risks are minimized, and financial methodologies and measurement tools are in place to allow effective management of the various business units. Regular reporting, analysis, and presentation of financial findings, including budgets, forecasts, and ad hoc revenue reports, to senior leadership is required. Additionally, this position involves providing general financial reporting and analysis to a variety of situations as the need arises.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
- Provide timely, accurate, relevant and reliable on-going financial information to the organization, through the use of; reports, training, counsel and troubleshooting, to ensure that decisions are made effectively and strategically, based on the most accurate and appropriate information possible.
- Lead the creation and management of financial forecast models
- Provide monthly support to the line/budget managers. This frequently involves investigation to determine the causes of variances.
- Provide monthly variance reporting and analysis for senior management and executives.
- Provide guidance to the organization through the interpretation and application for financial reporting standards.
- Lead the creation and management of financial forecast models including Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow.
- Improve processes involved in the preparation of financial information, through the maintenance and continual improvement of financial reporting and analysis systems, preparing templates and identifying and resolving problems.
- Provide leadership, coaching and support to the Revenue Assurance Analyst.
- Support month-end and year-end internal accounting process.
- Support monthly Bell financial statement reporting requirement.
- Actively participate in a leadership capacity in various cross-departmental teams to plan and execute strategic business objectives.
- Creates financial models of "what if" scenarios for future business planning decisions in areas such as new product development, new marketing strategies, etc.
- Lead internal projects and initiatives.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge & Skills Required
This position requires a CPA accounting designation and/or significant relevant experience. The incumbent must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments within a self-managed environment. The individual must possess strong interpersonal, communication (oral, written and presentation), research, financial modelling and analytical skills. Advanced Excel abilities are required.
As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website