NA, Whitehorse, Canada (Whitehorse, YT)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Northwestel is hiring a Sales Assistant to join the sales team! As a Sales Assistant, you will learn about our products and provide administrative support to the sales channel, including Account Executives, Account Managers, Sales Associates, Sales Project Managers and other managers, with accountability for the sales and servicing of business customers. Join our team today!
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the sales channel, including Account Executives, Account Managers, Sales Associates, Sales Project Managers and other managers, with accountability for the sales and servicing of business customers.
- Participate in streamlining and improving the customer account sales process (pre-sales; placing orders; ensuring equipment availability; supporting customer project implementation; performing invoice validation, post-sales follow-up, sign-off to billing, and responding to customer queries) directly with the customer for small sized sales (single line, system extensions, etc.) and assist the sales channel with the sale of larger systems and equipment.
- Respond to customer requests for equipment (single line and multi line) and service. This includes placing orders, ensuring equipment availability, completing purchase agreements and maintenance contracts, validating and forwarding service order forms for the Business Contact Center (BCC), and follow up with the Sales Channel to confirm order and installation dates.
- Coordinate the invoicing for equipment, labor and services. This involves gathering information from field service reports, completing forms and forwarding the information to the BCC for entry.
- Ensure service orders are processed and completed. This includes reviewing requests, and issuing appropriate credits when applicable.
- Prepare project sheets and or special status reports required for the sales channel managers, upon request.
- Ensure equipment is ordered, received and invoiced. This involves following up with purchasing/warehouse, alerting Load regarding equipment that is on site or orders that may be delayed. Obtain schedule date for customer from Load, and validating the Certificate of Work Completed (CWC) when returned for billing.
- Provide open order reports and account reconciliation report to sales channel managers upon request. This includes the validation / analyzing the monthly financial reports to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain sales files, including invoices, purchase agreements, contracts, etc.
- Maintain and administer Salesforce. Ensure WARS account allocation by rep is completed monthly or as required.
- Order and maintain stock for promotional materials and brochures.
- Coordinate with Accounts Receivable and the BCC to research and resolve billing questions and issues for equipment sold through the sales channel.
- Issue inventory requisition to Marketing for all new equipment.
- Other sales administration duties as required
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Post-secondary education in office administration (e.g. Office Administration Certificate).
- Minimum one year previous experience in customer service, purchasing, warehousing, invoicing, sales channel, order processing or accounts receivable/payable.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational/planning skills.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Previous experience with database applications (e.g. Access) would be an asset.
- As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website