Retail Sales Associate
- Northwestel Inc.
5201 50 Ave, Yellowknife, NT, X1A 2P1, Canada (Northwest Territories)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- 37.5 hours/week
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
The Retail Sales Associate will drive sales of core communications products and services to existing and new customers. This may be done in-person and via outbound telemarketing campaigns. Provide information and demonstrations of communications products and services to customers in a retail storefront setting. A High school diploma (or equivalent) and a minimum one year consultative sales experience in a retail environment.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. If you are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority please indicate so when you are completing the pre-screen questions as you apply to receive hiring preference.
- Drive sales of core communications of Northwestel and Bell’s products and services to existing and new customers. This may be done in-person and via outbound telemarketing campaigns.
- Provide information and demonstrations of communications products and services to customers in a retail storefront setting.
- Take ownership to continually learn and understand Northwestel and Bell’s products, services, and promotional offerings to effectively present solutions to customers.
- Actively participate in training and coaching initiatives to improve sales skills and product knowledge.
- Activate and configure services and features for customers.
- Process, distribute and/or file company documentation, including mail, bills, invoices, and customer records.
- Process sales and service orders in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Other clerical support or customer service duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Minimum of one year experience in a computerized environment
- Minimum one year consultative sales experience in a retail environment
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Candidates will be required to score a minimum of 70% on an exam that assesses customer service skills, math, keyboarding, and computer applications
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm Sunday, June 20, 2021.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website