- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Whitehorse, YT
2 Miles Canyon Road, Whitehorse, YT, Y1A 6S7, Canada (Whitehorse, YT)
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
THE OPPORTUNITY: Permanent, Full Time Position
Yukon Energy is the main generator and transmitter of electrical energy in the territory. Our plant facilities are on the Traditional Territory of Yukon First Nations, and we work within these 14 Traditional Territories in all our business operations.
What will you do?
The Regulatory Planner works in a team-based environment and is responsible for research and analysis service in support of utility regulatory filings. This position is responsible for forecasting financial results including cash flow and capital projections. In addition, this position is responsible for elements of integrated resource planning, development of long-term resource options as per integrated resource plans, and short- and medium-term generation planning.
What do you need to succeed?
- Graduate degree in engineering or/and economics from an accredited university.
- Minimum of five (5) years of regulatory environment experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related hydro power industry experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of economic concepts of public utility regulation and ratemaking, accounting data and practices, market demand analysis and statistical theory.
- Technical knowledge of utility technologies, operations, and procedures.
- Understanding of current electrical utility practices and principles related to integrated resource planning and generation planning.
- Understanding of technical and economic mathematical modeling required for the execution of integrated resource planning.
- Understanding of reservoir operation simulation and optimization models, as well as hydrologic forecasting models required for generation planning.
- Proficiency in technical and economic business case analysis required within the hydro power industry.
What is in it for you?
You will be a part of a team enabling Yukon’s prosperity with sustainable, cost-effective, and reliable electricity. We thrive on the challenge to work safely, to be accountable, working together to deliver professional service to internal and external customers.
Competitive compensation + Northern Bonus’
To apply, submit a covering letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes and cover letters will be accepted until the position is filled. We appreciate all responses however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada for any employer. Date Posted: December 14, 2021
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website