| ABOUT US
John Howard Society Pacific (JHS) is a non-profit organization which provides the opportunity to work with purpose, and impact change in your community. We are a dynamic, innovative social service organization that strives to create safe, healthy, and inclusive communities for all. We do this through a continuum of programs which provide assistance with housing, life-skills, education, employment, and community-based services, with the goal of helping individuals achieve greater independence.
The Regional Director, Yukon Territory will ensure that the John Howard Society Pacific (JHS) delivers programs and client services that meet or exceed client needs by developing and implementing structures and supports for the longer-term capability of programs in the Yukon Territory. This position will also be responsible for identifying and implementing significant improvements to existing programs and identifying new opportunities in the Yukon Territory to achieve the organization’s strategic goals.
- Contributes to the organization’s strategic plan and implements strategy related to the Yukon Territory
- Oversees and directs assigned programs and services
- Ensures a high level of quality assurance for assigned programs and services and adherence to required/ relevant standards
- Provides communication to the CEO of any exposure to risk in program and services or other risk, such as media or reputational risk
- Ensures programs are compliant with policies, contractual, legal, regulatory and financial requirements, and identify changes to program policies as required
- Oversees all program reporting, outcome measurements, statistics and other requirements for funders and for internal purposes
- Reviews new program opportunities and expansion of existing programs
- Provides direct input into business functions and how they support programs and service delivery
- Connects with purpose and builds relationships with First Nations of the Yukon to meet the needs of people experiencing multiple barriers within the Territory
- Collaborates with government organizations (justice department, social services/health department) and other community non-government organizations to meet the needs of people in the Yukon Territory
- Manages and executes multiple projects simultaneously
- Works in collaboration with the Finance team to plan, review monthly financials, provide direct input to the annual budget for assigned programs, and to make decisions that support those programs within the approved budget
- Oversees and as needed, leads high-level human resources issues relating to labour relations or significant issues concerning employees, volunteers or contractors for assigned programs (termination, grievances and arbitration)
- Represents the needs of JHS clients in the development of key relationships: participating in community committees, working groups and other community organizations to improve service delivery
- Identifies and supports collaboration with other organizations and the development of key partnerships for JHS
- Identifies and supports the development of innovative opportunities throughout the agency
- Actively participates as an external representative of the organization with community, stakeholders, and the public
- Monitors pertinent funding information sources for funding opportunities
- Ensures a high level of quality assurance for all new programs and services and adherence to required/relevant standards
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a proven ability to work within a fast-paced, growth-focused environment. The ideal candidate has:
Preference for candidates with knowledge of non-profit work environments, especially the Criminal Justice System and Developmental Disabilities.
- A bachelor's degree and/or professional designation, with a minimum of 5 years of applicable or relevant transferable past work experience
- Knowledge of the social/affordable housing sector
- Knowledge and experience of working with First Nation leaders and communities (preferably within the Yukon Territory)
- Knowledge of local government development approvals processes.
- Knowledge of federal and provincial and local government grants/programs for affordable housing
- Knowledge of policies, guidelines and statutory requirements relevant to real estate development
- Ability to analyze various program development opportunities, including financial analysis
- Ability to develop feasible plans and successfully implement the plans
- Ability to lead teams to accomplish goals
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-task environment
- Ability to deal with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to successfully complete a Security Clearance and/or Criminal Records Check
- Current Emergency First Aid Certificate
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Personal transportation that is in good repair, insured for business up to $1,000,000 for liability, and which can be used to transport clients
- Committed Living Wage Employer
- Great work environment
- Competitive benefits
- Opportunity to work with purpose for non-profit organization
- Chance to grow in a diverse range of programs
• Ability to successfully complete a Security Clearance and/or Criminal Records Check
• Current Emergency First Aid Certificate
• Class 5 driver’s license
• Personal transportation that is in good repair, insured for business up to $1,000,000 for liability, and which can be used to transport clients
Annual Salary will be negotiated based on experience and qualifications. This role will also be eligible for the Society’s comprehensive Management Benefits Package.
WHAT WE OFFER?
• Committed Living Wage Employer
• Great work environment
• Competitive benefits
• Opportunity to work with purpose for non-profit organization
• Chance to grow in a diverse range of programs
JHS welcomes applications from all qualified applicants including but not limited by those of any sex, race, orientation, or disability. Multilingual skills and multicultural competence are assets.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application with a detailed cover letter and resume with the subject line “Regional Director, Yukon Territory” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that by applying to this position you are agreeing to being reviewed by third parties.