NA, Yellowknife, Canada (Northwest Territories)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Northwestel is hiring a Radio Technician in Yellowknife! This role performs installations, preventative & corrective maintenance of all services associated with the sustained responsibilities of the Radio department.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
- Performs installations, preventative & corrective maintenance of all services associated with the sustained responsibilities of the Radio department.
- Install & maintain equipment at all sites including but not limited to: Microwave terminals and repeater, VHF/UHF base stations and mobile equipment, P25 Digital Radio Installation & Maintenance, Supervisory systems and equipment, Copper & Fibre Multiplexing, Satellite master and remote terminals, Wireless and cellular base stations, DC power plant equipment including rectifiers, inverters, counter cells, battery and distribution facilities
- Contribute individually or as part of a team to provide continuous improvement in the delivery of our product or service to all customers.
- Protect the Company's assets.
- Active participation in your personal education and development.
- Must be willing to travel, sometimes for extended periods and on short notice.
- Travel by various means (Vehicle, Snowcat, Helicopter, fixed wing)
- Work effectively as a member of a team with a broad range of duties and work effectively without direct supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and confidently deal with customers.
- Participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement, as well as, ensuring all safety training is kept current.
- Timely completion of all administrative tasks including, but not limited to: time reporting, expense reporting and submission of corporate card statements.
Knowledge & Competencies Required
- Electronics Engineering Technologist / Communications Technologist or graduate from a similar program, completed through a recognized institution. Equivalencies of experience will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- An intermediate level of understanding of internet protocols (Routing, VLAN’s, Subnets) – to be clearly identified in either employment history or certifications.
- Experience in troubleshooting/repairing digital radio systems, Data/IP equipment and services – Needs to be clearly identified through employment History and/or certifications.
- P25 Digital Radio experience is an asset.
- Installation background in Telecommunications is an asset.
- Possess valid driver’s license (Minimum class 5 or equivalent) and comply with regular driver’s license validation checks.
- Computer Literacy (Intermediate proficiency using Windows and Linux).
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able and willing to perform physical duties and tasks including working inside or outside in all weather conditions.
- As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website