- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Whitehorse, YT
2 Miles Canyon Road, Whitehorse, Y1A 6L4, Canada (Whitehorse, YT)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- 40 hours/week
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
The Opportunity: Procurement Specialist
: Permanent, Full time position in Whitehorse, Yukon
Position Number 96-12
Who we are: Yukon Energy is the main generator and transmitter of electrical energy in the territory. Our plant facilities are on the Traditional Territory of Yukon First Nations. There are 14 First Nation in the territory and we work within these Traditional Territories in all of our business operations.
What will you do: Our Procurement Specialist performs a full range of procurement and contracting activities for the Corporation. They administer and process all purchasing instruments from initial request to final completions. They provide training, technical advice and direction to staff in the area of procurement activities.
What you need to succeed:
- Post-secondary education in business, contracting / procurement or another specialty relevant to procurement
- Enrolled in or have completed either SCMP (Supply Chain Management Professional) or APICS (The Association for Operations Management) designations
- Significant experience in planning, executing and controlling procurement initiatives, especially related to goods, services and construction agreements.
- Strong client service orientation
- Procurement experience with an ERP system, ideally Great Plains, Workplace or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Strong knowledge of Windows based computer software applications.
- Ability to work and maintain accuracy under pressure and to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team and cross-cultural environment.
- Ability to conduct meetings and provide briefings.
What’s in it for you: We offer a competitive starting rate and the opportunity to grow your career in a fast paced, challenging environment.
Yukon Energy values diversity in the workplace. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and we are committed to the employment and career development of Yukon First Nations citizens. First Nations candidates are encouraged to self-declare.
To Apply: Submit a covering letter and resume to Human Resources via email to . Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
We appreciate all responses; only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada for any employer.
For more information on Yukon Energy go to
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website