Planning and Development Assistant
- Tr’ondek Hwech’in
- Tr’ondek Hwech’in Government
Front Street, Dawson City, Yukon Territory, Y0B 1G0, Canada (Dawson City, YT)
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC WITH PREFERENCE TO TH CITIZENS
Competition #: 019-06-2023
Planning and Development Assistant
Department: Natural Resources – Lands Branch
Location: Tr’ondek Hwech’in Offices – Dawson, YT
Posting Date: June 14, 2023
Standard Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: Level 5 Step 1 ($70,960.50 annually)
Closing Date: Until Filled
Reporting to the Land Use Planning Coordinator (LUPC), the incumbent is responsible for assisting with the implementation of Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in initiatives related to land management and natural resources. The incumbent provides administrative and technical support to the Land Use Planning Coordinator and Development Assessment Coordinator (DAC), including; assisting citizens with land inquiries, communication functions, collecting information, and organizing records in support of TH’s implementation of the Land and Resources Act and participation in the Yukon Environmental and Socio-economic Assessment and related processes.
An Eligibility List may be established from this competition – the duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full-time, permanent part-time, temporary full-time, temporary part-time, term, or auxiliary on-call vacancies within the same department and classification based on the organizational needs by going the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit a cover letter & resume clearly demonstrating the qualifications below, as selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide. Applications will not be accepted without a cover letter and resume.
- Grade 12 completion with post-secondary coursework in Administration, Communications, Indigenous studies, English/Writing, Social Sciences, Environmental Assessment, Environment & Resources Management, Geography, Geology, Land Use Planning or a related area of study. An equivalent combination of education, experience, knowledge and skills may be considered.
- Knowledge of records/data management and general office administration.
- Previous experience working in an office or administration environment.
- Strong computer skills including good working knowledge of Excel, Word, Adobe and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Tr’ondёk Hwёch’in values and culture, natural resource issues, environmental assessment, development and local resource industries, legislation and regulations affecting First Nations.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and consistently follow policies and procedures
- Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills and ability to recommend suitable alternatives.
- Experience in digital information collection and storage.
- Experience with GIS platforms.
- Experience with environmental assessment, permitting or land use planning
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal Records Check.
- Standard First Aid and willingness to take Advanced Wilderness First Aid.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with clear Driver’s Abstract.
- TH101 cultural awareness training.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Complete Posting