- Kwanlin Dün First Nation
- Kwanlin Dün First Nation
35 McIntyre Dr., Whitehorse, YT, Y1A 5A5, Canada (Whitehorse, YT)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- 35 hours/week
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Position: Operations Manager
Department: Health & Wellness
Term: Full Time Permanent
Reporting to the Director, Health & Wellness, the Operations Manager supervises and coordinates departmental activities related to the day-to-day operation of the Natsékhi Kų̀ Health Centre.
This position works closely with other staff members of the department and inter-departmentally where overlap exists and is responsible for ensuring that KDFN’s Health and Wellness department programs receive the necessary operational and administrative support required to allow staff to provide safe and appropriate care.
The main duties of this role entails: leadership & supervision to the support staff; manage staff training and continuing education; coordinating necessary building maintenance, repairs & renovations; Ensure building procedures & policies follow OH&S standards; maintain & oversee asset control inventories & quality assurance.
- Post-Secondary Education in Business Management, Health Related Field, or other related program;
- Knowledge and experience within the Health & Wellness field;
- Experience managing health programs an asset;
- Recent and relevant supervisory experience; minimum 2 years;
- Financial management and budgeting experience required;
- Experience or in-depth education surrounding Project Management;
- has some degree of awareness of KDFN traditional knowledge, culture, ceremonies and traditions;
- Knowledge of Territorial & Federal government and other agencies including funding provisions and regulatory requirements;
- understands that a person's spiritual, mental health, addictions and other challenges are consequences of direct and intergenerational trauma, attachment wounds and other disruptions in each person's development;
- has well-rounded knowledge of the history, culture and traditions of other Yukon First Nations;
Note: selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information provided in your resume
Conditions of Employment & Job Requirements: Class 5 Driver’s License with a clean Driver’s Abstract; First Aid & CPR-C (or obtain within 2mths); WHMIS and Leadership for Safety Excellence; Tuberculosis (TB) clearance; An acceptable pre-employment criminal record with the vulnerable sector search; Food Safe Level 1 Certificate (or obtain within 2mths); Transportation of Dangerous Good Certificate; Immunization Record – including proof of both COVID-19 vaccinations; If applicable - Registration with Professional Licensing and Regulatory Affairs – letter of good standing from all jurisdictions where current professional licensure may be held, for LPN and Valid registration with Yukon Nursing Association for RN
Salary: $82,464.20 - $123,011.07 per annum (45.31-$67.59 per hour) – Level 8 *plus benefits
Closing Date: by 4:30pm, Tuesday, February 1st, 2022
*KDFN has a generous employer paid benefits package that commences after 3 months of continued employment.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources via email to email@example.com
Note: For those submitting applications via email, you will receive a manual response stating that your email has been received. If you do not receive this manual response, please contact the Human Resources Unit at 633-7800.
For a full job description, please access one on our website at http://www.kwanlindun.com/employment
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Note: The KDFN Hiring Preference Policy is in effect. KDFN reserves the right to underfill this position.
An eligibility list may be established from this competition to hire identical or similar positions in the future.
Note: Temporary Assignments from other governments and organizations are open for discussion & consideration.
Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website