On-Call Cook - Dusk'a Daycare
- Kwanlin Dün First Nation
- Kwanlin Dün First Nation
35 McIntyre Dr., Whitehorse, YT, Y1A 5A5, Canada (Whitehorse, YT)
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Department: Education & Social Development (Dusk’a Head Start Family Learning Centre)
Term: Auxiliary on Call
Kwanlin Dün First Nation (KDFN) is seeking an on-call Cook for The Dusk’a Head Start Family Learning Centre.
Reporting to the Dusk’a Manager, this position is responsible for the Centre’s food service program, and is required to provide age-appropriate, nutritious meals and snacks using traditional and non-traditional foods prepared in accordance with Canada’s Aboriginal Food Guide and special dietary needs. The position is an active team member within the Centre, interacts appropriately and effectively with young children, maintains effective working relationships with parents/caregivers, colleagues and allied professionals. This position must adhere to policies, regulations, and accepted and best practices which govern the Centre and the provision of food services.
- Diploma in Culinary Arts or similar professional cooking program from a recognized institution an asset;
- Early Childhood Education Diploma or equivalent coursework an asset;
- Food Safe Certification;
- Knowledge of traditional food gathering, preservation and cooking techniques;
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Canadian standards on nutrition;
- Experience in food preparation and serving practices;
- Experience in cooking a variety of meals for groups;
- Knowledge of food safety for young children;
- Dietary and allergy awareness re: food preparation;
- Experience in meal planning;
- Familiarity with applicable occupational health and safety standards;
- Knowledge of Yukon First Nation history, culture, demographics, social structure, goals and aspirations;
- Experience working in a first nations setting an asset;
- Experience supervising kitchen staff an asset
Conditions of Employment: Valid Food Safe certification, First Aid certification, acceptable criminal record check with vulnerable sector.
Job Requirements: Doctor Note stating “fit to work in child care centre”, Tuberculosis test, up to date immunization record including proof of both COVID-19 vaccinations.
Salary: $29.42 - $40.10 per hour (Level 4)
Closing Date: Tuesday, December 7th, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources via email to email@example.com
Note: For those submitting applications via email, you will receive a manual response stating that your email has been received. If you do not receive this manual response within two (2) business days, please contact the Human Resources Unit.
For a full job description, please visit our website at http://www.kwanlindun.com/employment
We thank all those who apply; only those screened in for an interview will be contacted.
Note: The KDFN Hiring Preference Policy will be in effect, so please be sure to clearly self-identify.
An eligibility list may be established from this competition to hire identical or similar positions in the future.
KDFN reserves the right to underfill this position.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website