Network Ops Control Centre Technician
NA, Yellowknife, Canada (Northwest Territories)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Northwestel is hiring a telecommunications enthusiast in Yellowknife to join the Network Ops Control Centre team as a Technician! You will have the opportunity to manage, control, and maintain Northwestel network assets by monitoring surveillance systems, personnel movement, issues system clearances and planned releases following established guidelines.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
- Manages, controls, and maintains Northwestel network assets by monitoring surveillance systems, personnel movement, issues system clearances and planned releases following established guidelines.
- Interfaces with connecting carriers on all facility failures.
- Prepares, distributes and updates network trouble tickets, enters and updates all facilities information. Prepares and distributes reports as required.
- Analyze trouble patterns generated by digital switching systems, Frame Relay Networks, IP Networks and various Transport equipment related to service delivery, operations and maintenance.
- Compile, analyze and generate statistical reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Interface with Corporate Security, Environmental Action Committee, Service Desk and Change Management provide details and analysis where required.
- Provision and administer Operations Support Centre Surveillance
- Initial testing on Private Wire, Frame Relay, and IP related services.
- Shift work will be required with this position.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Graduate of a 2-year telecommunications electronics or IT program.
- Ability to analyze data and form conclusions using data from a wide range of data sources.
- Knowledge of SNMP, Frame Relay, ATM and TCP/IP concepts and protocols, and the ability to use standard computer word processing and database programs.
- As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website