Network Circuit Design Technician
- Multiple Locations, YT, NT
NA, Multiple Locations (Northwest Territories)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Northwestel is searching for a Network Circuit Design Technician in Whitehorse or Yellowknife! The technician is responsible for designing circuits and assigns facilities for the utilization of Northwestel's facilities to meet OCS and customer circuit orders in a timely, effective manner.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
- Designs circuits and assign facilities for the utilization of Northwestel's facilities to meet OCS and customer circuit orders in a timely, effective manner. Coordinate with other carriers and customers for circuit interface testing and provisioning.
- Provide facility and technical input to the Planning and Implementation Engineering Group toward the planning of future capital and non-capital projects, for the commissioning of new facilities and replacement or relocation of existing equipment.
- Provide technical support to sales consultants by responding to customer requests for quotation, and consulting directly with customers to identify needs and forecast future requirements. As well, provide technical support to field technicians as required.
- Proactively resolve technical issues through to solution to ensure optimum utilization and performance of equipment and circuits.
- Proactively streamline and re-groom facilities and equipment to avoid equipment or network failure, and facilitate the transfer of customer circuits from an existing facility to new facility as required.
- Jointly maintain and update the Transmission Facilities Layout Book for the entire network, which includes system capacities, node numbers, exchanges and circuit mileage.
- Review new customer facility orders ensuring such requests are feasible utilizing Company resources effectively and aligned with customer expectations and current Engineering Implementation workloads. Maintain records for the various elements of the network (mux, satellite, DSX/D4, vf equipment, modems, bridges, datapac, leased facilities), to ensure accurate information is maintained for CRTC filings, customer records, OCS requirements and master Circuit Layout Records. Manage equipment and facilities infrastructure in TBS; this includes adding all new customer network access equipment to TBS.
- Maintain ongoing awareness of new technologies and changes in technologies as possible solutions to customer design requests. Ensure Common Language, Telecommunications and Tariff standards/requirements are met and followed in the design and implementation of services.
- Act as ISC Management primary contact to the National Service order Team - Level 1 for Northwestel.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Engineering Degree.
- 1-2 years experience in Network Facilities Planning.
- Understand existing network technology (its capabilities and limitations), and be proactive in keeping up with new technology.
- Broad knowledge of networks, (thorough knowledge of multiplex, telephony, switch and data technology) and keep on top of changes as technology and the telecommunications industry evolves.
- Must possess excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website