Network Analyst (IP & WAN)
NA, Yellowknife, Canada (Northwest Territories)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Northwestel is searching for a Network Analyst to join our team in Yellowknife! In this role, you will be responsible for the planning, configuration, and administration of Layer 2/3 switches and routers in an ISP environment. This includes the provisioning of customer IP services as well as the Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) of these networks.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
- Planning, configuration, and administration of Layer 2/3 switches and routers in an ISP environment. Includes the provisioning of customer IP services as well as the RMM of these networks.
- Configures and maintains multi-vendor DSL and Cable internet platforms including, BNG, and CMTS supporting both residential and business services.
- Provides Level 2 technical support and direction to employees installing and upgrading network equipment for IP services and to customers requiring LAN/WAN networking assistance, as applicable.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and diagnose network performance issues using a variety of technical resources including but not limited to, vendor manuals, independent research and hardware/software tools and as required, implement solutions to minimize impacts of network outages and / or service degradation while collaborating with field and other technical support partners as required.
- Participate and contribute to the design, testing, and implementation of improvements to the IP network or services as required.
- Assists in the development of standard procedures for the operation and maintenance of the IP network or IP services, and creates and maintains documentation / paperwork associated with these services.
- Support ITIL processes specifically in the areas of incident management, change management, and configuration management.
- Actively participates in personal education and development.
- May be required to work overtime, after hours or in shifts
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Current CCNA, JNCIA, BAIST or equivalent IP Network certification
- For MPLS Core positions, current CCNP or JNCIS certification is preferred.
- Graduate of at minimum of, a two-year communications electronics or related program at a recognized technical institution, or four years’ experience in network support and operations positions within the last eight years.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose complex technical problems and analyze data to form conclusions using a wide variety of information sources.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes / framework.
- Knowledge and the ability to use standard computer word processing and database programs.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, both oral and written.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- The ability to work actively in a team environment
- The capacity to perform duties without direct supervision
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website