Manager, Workforce Management & Capacity Planning
NA, Yellowknife, Canada (Northwest Territories)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
This position is responsible for providing a centralized service, referred to as the Control Centre, to coordinate, schedule and dispatch installation and repair service orders for all technical Field Services employees in an effective and efficient manner across all regions of Northwestel’s operating area.
This position has the following direct reports: Workforce Scheduler and Real-time Coordinator.
- Manage the centralized workload scheduling and dispatch function which receives, assesses, coordinates, prioritizes, schedules and escalates service order requests received from Call Centres, Repair Centre, Sales and Engineering for activities which may include, but are not limited to, installations, maintenance and repair, or other network-related work.
- Ensures requests for service and workload management are executed efficiently to optimize customer satisfaction and revenue. This includes responses to emergency or unplanned requirements while ensuring on-going workload commitments of field personnel are met. This also includes preparing, verifying, and authorizing employee schedules for Control Centre Associates & load requirements for Field Operations Technicians – which meet both the needs of the forecasted workload and the Collective Agreement.
- Working closely with Managers of Field Operations, this position assists with the processes to identify skill shortages of field technical forces and help determine corresponding training needs (Gap Analysis) and maintain detailed workforce skills inventory for workload and dispatching purposes through Click.
- Develop, coach, lead and engage Control Centre employees by conducting performance evaluations (OPs), addressing disciplinary issues in an appropriate manner, and applying the Attendance Management Program and other relevant policies when needed. This also includes skill assessment and gap analysis that ensures effective employee development and training to meet the needs of the individual and department.
- Manage an annual operating budget of $600,000.
- Participate on various committees and projects for such issues as process improvements (working with a variety of other departments and managers to improve service commitments); technical staff skills gap analysis, identification of high value customers, feasibility of possible coordination of other technical staff, etc.
- Demonstrate and role model a passion for meeting customer commitments.
- Bring together cross functional stakeholders, as required, to investigate roadblocks to success and manage the Continuous Improvement projects to improve customer service.
Knowledge and Competencies Required
- Degree in Business or a related Technical field;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in managing both people and resource deployment.
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation preferably in the telecommunications or Fleet Dispatch Operations;
- Proven analytical, root cause analysis and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral, written and presentation), leadership, coaching and motivational skills and an ability to article issues clearly to influence decision-making processes and change;
- Proven experience in project/process management;
- Proven experience in providing exceptional customer service skills;
- Proven ability to think independently and creatively;
- An understanding of field installation and technical repair will be considered an asset.
- A working knowledge in telecommunications-related technical acumen and business software programs including Suite Solutions, Click and MS Office will be considered an asset.
- As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
Labour Relations Intermediate
Critical Thinking Intermediate
Call Center Operations Intermediate
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website