Manager, Product Solutions
NA, Whitehorse, Canada (Whitehorse, YT)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
The Manager, Product Solutions is accountable for identifying and evaluating the emerging business opportunities that are being considered as future products and services. Leads the design, development and launch of the product in the market under his/her responsibility. Maintains communication channels with Product and Market Management ensuring the vision of the product and services being developed align with customer and market needs.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
- Produces product definition and blueprints including functional and technical specifications of new products and services.
- Establishes product milestones and release plans by detailing the functionality at a user and technical level.
- Engages and owns relationships with vendors and partners for his/her product or service.
- Oversees the development of budget and timelines while defining ROI.
- Leads end-to-end product delivery ensuring business objectives are met.
- Owns the relationship with vendors and partners for the product or service development he/she are leading.
- Oversees all aspects related to the customer journey ensuring the quality of the customer experience with the end product.
- Actively participate in the Health & Safety program by working in compliance with OH&S Acts and Regulations, completing required training and reporting immediately to your Supervisor or Workplace H&S Committee member any work-related hazards and concerns.
Knowledge and Competencies Required
- Post-graduate degree in Economics, Marketing, or Engineering.
- Five years of experience with business case development.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) desirable.
- Five years of experience in process design desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: the ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels in an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter: able to identify and develop opportunities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to conceptualize and articulate new ideas and strategies.
- Solid technology acumen: able to bridge business initiatives and technology initiatives.
- Demonstrated cross-functional team leadership.
- As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Posting will remain active until the position is filled.
As a safety-conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website