- Kwanlin Dün First Nation
- Kwanlin Dün First Nation
35 McIntyre Drive, Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 5A5, Canada (Whitehorse, YT)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- 35 hours/week
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Great opportunity for someone with experienced communication skills! Kwanlin Dün First Nation (KDFN) is seeking a Communications Manager. Reporting to the Executive Director, the incumbent will be responsible for strategic communication and public relations, advice, and support for the Government. The position requires considerable knowledge of government programs, policy and communication strategic planning processes. The position is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing a comprehensive integrated communications program that reflects the KDFN government strategic direction, objectives, priorities, programs, and initiatives. The position is also responsible for mentoring less-experienced communications staff and trainees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related field of study;
- Demonstrated skill and experience in the design, implementation and execution of marketing, communication and public relations services and activities;
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications;
- Experience managing and creating engaging content for social media platforms;
- Experience writing for a variety of audiences and through different media;
- Experience coordinating communication services for a number of departments;
- Successful experience managing a budget and staff;
- Experience dealing with complex and strategic communication issues.
Strong computer literacy and solid desktop publishing skills, inclusive of social media, is required and may be assessed further.
An understanding of First Nations cultural and social contexts is required. Knowledge of the history and culture of the Kwanlin Dün community, culture and family structures is necessary for success.
Note: An equivalent combination of post-secondary coursework, training, workshops and significant experience will equally be considered.
Conditions of employment: A valid class 5 driver’s’ license & personal transportation, pre-employment criminal records check. Occasional evening and weekend work is required to attend special events and General Assemblies.
- Additional Information:
- *KDFN has a generous employer paid benefits and matching pension package that commences after 3 months of continued employment plus paid leave accruals. Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 7 hours per day (1820 hours per year). Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person to 35 McIntyre Drive. Note: For those submitting applications via email, you will receive a manual response stating that your email has been received. If you do not receive this manual response, please contact the Human Resources Unit at 633-7800. For a full job description, please access one on our website at http://www.kwanlindun.com/employment We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Note: The KDFN Hiring Preference Policy is in effect. KDFN reserves the right to underfill this position. An eligibility list may be established from this competition to hire identical or similar positions in the future. Note: Temporary Assignments from other governments and organizations are encouraged. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website