- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Energy
2 Miles Canyon Road, Box 5920, Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 6L4, Canada (Whitehorse, YT)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- 40 hours/week
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Maintenance Mechanic – Whitehorse, Yukon
The Opportunity: Permanent, Full Time Position - Position # 92-05
Yukon Energy is the main generator and transmitter of electrical energy in the territory. Our plant facilities are on the Traditional Territory of Yukon First Nations. There are 14 First Nation in the territory, and we work within these Traditional Territories in all our business operations.
What will you do?
The Maintenance Mechanic works in a team-based environment and performs Journeyperson mechanical / millwright duties. The work includes installing, repairing and performing general maintenance on various pieces of electrical generating units including hydro, diesel and LNG units and their respective auxiliary equipment.
What do you need to succeed?
• Journeyperson certification as a heavy equipment mechanic or millwright with welding experience
• Several years previous mechanical and millwright experience, including experience in power generation environment
• Knowledge of Windows based computer software applications
• Certification in WHMIS, TDG and rigging and hoisting
• Strong client service orientation and good interpersonal skills
• A proven track record and commitment to working safely
• A valid class 3 drivers’ license with air endorsement
• A valid First Aid certificate
• Ability to work in a team and cross cultural environment
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a team enabling Yukon’s prosperity with sustainable, cost-effective and reliable electricity. We thrive on the challenge to work safely, to be accountable, working together to deliver professional service to internal and external customers. We care about each other and being good corporate citizens.
Yukon Energy values diversity in the workplace. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and we are committed to the employment and career development of Yukon First Nation citizens. First Nation candidates are encouraged to self-declare.
What are the working conditions?
This position requires regular travel throughout the territory and periods of stand-by coverage.
To apply, submit a covering letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com. Resumes and cover letters will be accepted until the position is filled. We appreciate all responses however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada for any employer. Posting Date: May 14, 2021
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website