Infrastructure Development Manager
- Tr’ondek Hwech’in
Front Street, Dawson (Dawson City, YT)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- 37.5 hours/week
- Wage / Salary:
- $108,832/year salary
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Infrastructure Development Manager – Term
Department: Housing & Infrastructure
Location: Tr’ondek Hwech’in Offices – Dawson, YT
Posting Date: April 1, 2023
Standard Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Start Date: Immediately
End Date: Two (2) years from start date (with possible extension)
Salary: Level 10 Step 1 ($108,831.71 annually)
Closing Date 4:00pm (YST): Until Filled
Reporting to the Director of Housing and Infrastructure, the Infrastructure Development Manager oversees and administers numerous housing and infrastructure renovation, energy upgrade and construction projects. The position performs short- and long-term capital planning with respect to TH’s housing, buildings and infrastructure needs, including the long-term sustainability of TH’s capital assets, and assessing potential property sites on settlement land for internal development. This position conducts inspections and assessments of TH buildings and infrastructures for major renovations and/or energy upgrades, determines priorities and develops plans, specifications and cost projections for major repairs, renovations or upgrades. The incumbent develops proposals and prepares expressions of interest, tenders, scopes of work and contracts and oversees major projects in a project management capacity (engineering, architecture, site
preparation, etc.). The incumbent also ensures that contractors and subcontractors comply with contractual obligations and OH&S legislation, and ensures that work is completed within scope, on time and within allocated budgets. The incumbent works with the funding proposal contractor to obtain financial capital and expertise to retrofit rental homes and government buildings in order to be more energy efficient and sustainable. A key aspect of this position is to support the Director’s efforts to build or strengthen the capacity of staff, both in terms of skill development, and in fostering a healthy, positive and respectful work environment.
An Eligibility List may be established from this competition – the duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full-time, permanent part-time, temporary full-time, temporary part-time, term, or auxiliary on-call vacancies within the same department and classification based on the organizational needs by going the next highest ranked candidate
until the eligibility list expires.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit a cover letter & resume clearly demonstrating the qualifications below, as selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide. Applications will not be accepted without a cover letter and resume.
• Post-Secondary Degree (Masters degree preferred) in the area of Architectural Technology, Engineering, Construction Management or a related field. A Journeyman Red Seal Ticket, in either carpentry, plumbing or electrical with significant project
and budget management experience in a northern, Indigenous context, may be considered as equivalent.
• Demonstrated experience supervising, performance managing, coaching and mentoring employees.
• Demonstrated experience and / or training in project planning, project management, work planning and reporting / providing recommendations to senior management.
• Demonstrated experience with budgeting processes, costing, variance reporting, and forecasting.
• Experience in preparing expressions of interest, proposals, tenders and contracts.
• Proficient knowledge of maintenance planning and administration.
• Knowledge of Canadian and Yukon Building Codes.
• Strong decision making, conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
• Valid Canadian Safety Certification / Designation (an asset).
• Ability to work effectively in a cross cultural environment and be sensitive and understanding of First Nation Culture and Traditions.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team of professionals.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with contractors, service providers, tenants, and co-workers.
Conditions of Employment:
• Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
• Class 5 driver’s license with a clear driver’s abstract.
• Standard First Aid or willingness to obtain.
• TH101 cultural awareness training.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website