Housing Stability Worker
- Yukon Anti-Poverty Coalition
- Safe at Home
208 Alexander Street, Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A2L4, Canada (Whitehorse, YT)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- 35 hours/week
- Wage / Salary:
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
- Contact Info:
- Kate Mechan867-334-9310 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe at Home is looking for a Housing Stability Worker to join our community-based team! This individual must be a strengths-based, creative team player committed to preventing homelessness by staying housing-focused.
This position will be administered by the Yukon Anti-Poverty Coalition with direct supervision by the Safe at Home Implementation Manager.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND SCOPE
- Establish and maintain relationships with up to 30 tenants, both individuals and families, living in Yukon Housing Corporation units in selected buildings around Whitehorse;
- Taking a housing first approach and outreach-based approach, work proactively with tenants to prevent evictions;
- Use a client-centered approach to support individuals to achieve their housing stabilization goals;
- Accompany clients to appointments, provide proactive crisis planning, organize meaningful daily activity opportunities and connect to long-term formal and informal supports;
- Facilitate communication between clients and others as needed to assist clients to connect with resources and achieve their goals, while upholding client confidentiality;
- Maintain detailed case notes, case management plans and contact lists of involved supports and community services and other documentation as required;
- Participate in team meetings as required – both with Yukon Housing Corporation and Safe at Home, working within a coordinated access approach and the Coordinated Housing Access Team as required.
This position includes availability for evening and weekend work, as well as after hours on-call shifts.
- Completed post-secondary education in social services or related field and a minimum 2 years work experience related to outreach, housing and supports.
- Knowledge of a housing first approach an asset;
- Awareness of the complexity of homelessness, poverty, and the colonial context of homelessness in Yukon, and related issues.
- Understanding of community agencies, resources, and a cross section of service providers.
Skills & Abilities
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience with conflict resolution practices including "in the moment" problem solving and intervention; and
- Possess the ability to manage competing priorities and coordinate several tasks at one time.
**Please note: Access to own vehicle is an asset
Safe at Home is committed to employment equity and strongly encourages all qualified applicants to apply. Given the over-representation of Indigenous community members across Yukon’s population, strong consideration will be given to Indigenous applicants.
- Additional Information:
- Please email your cover letter and resume to Kate Mechan, Implementation Manager with Safe at Home at email@example.com. Please call (867) 334-9310 for more information.
- To apply:
- View Complete Posting