Hän Language Administrator
- Tr’ondek Hwech’in
- Tr’ondek Hwech’in Government
Front Street, Dawson City, Yukon Territory, Y0B 1G0, Canada (Dawson City, YT)
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC WITH PREFERENCE TO TH CITIZENS
Competition #: 002-11-2023
Hän Language Administrator - Permanent
Location: Tr’ondek Hwech’in Offices – Dawson, YT
Posting Date: November 16, 2023
Standard Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: Level 7 Step 1 (86,229.00 annually)
Closing Date 4:00pm (YST): November 30, 2023
Reporting to the Director of Heritage, this position is responsible for undertaking the documentation of the Hän language and for developing programs and activities that will encourage citizens to participate in the use of language. The Hän Language Administrator will coordinate a variety of programs including language workshops and classes, translation services, and place names work. The Hän Language Administrator will also coordinate the development of promotional materials aimed at increasing the visibility of the Hän language.
An Eligibility List may be established from this competition – the duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full-time, permanent part-time, temporary full-time, temporary part-time, term, or auxiliary on-call vacancies within the same department and classification based on the organizational needs by going the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit a cover letter & resume clearly demonstrating the qualifications below, as selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide. Applications will not be accepted without a cover letter and resume.
- Post Secondary training in Education, Linguistics. An equivalent combination of experience, knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
- Experience in developing and teaching Language related programming.
- Knowledge of Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in history, culture and language.
- Good computer skills including image formatting software, audio/visual editing software, scanning equipment, database software, word processing, Zoom platform, and Moodle learning platform.
- Good experience with audio and visual recording equipment.
- Experience in conducting language research and writing proposals.
- Strong familiarity with a First Nation language, preferably the Hän language.
- Experience in writing reports and briefing notes.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Good records management skills.
- Experience working with Elders.
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal Records check – vulnerable sector screening
- Class 5 Driver’s License with Clear Driver’s Abstract.
- TH101 cultural awareness training.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Complete Posting