Government Relations Coordinator
- Tr’ondek Hwech’in
- Tr’ondek Hwech’in Government
Front Street, Dawson City, Yukon, Y0B1G0, Canada (Dawson City, YT)
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC WITH PREFERENCE TO TH CITIZENS
Competition #: 010-10-2023
Government Relations Coordinator – Term
Department: Governance and Executive Operations
Location: Tr’ondek Hwech’in Offices – Dawson, YT
Posting Date: October 23, 2023
Standard Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Start Date: Immediately
End Date: One (1) year from start date (with possible extension)
Salary: Level 8 Step 1 ($95,335.50 annually)
Closing Date: Until Filled
Reporting to the Senior Executive Assistant, the incumbent provides intergovernmental relations-related administrative support within the Governance and Executive Operations Department (the Department) and on behalf of TH Council, Elders Council and Youth Council. The incumbent is expected to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and pay close attention to detail and accuracy. This position requires a significant degree of tact and diplomacy, and an ability to manage confidential information.
An Eligibility List may be established from this competition – the duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full-time, permanent part-time, temporary full-time, temporary part-time, term, or auxiliary on-call vacancies within the same department and classification based on the organizational needs by going the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
If this opportunity interests you, submit a cover letter & resume clearly demonstrating the qualifications below, as selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide. Applications will not be accepted without a cover letter and resume.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent, with post-secondary coursework in communications, public relations, office/business administration or related field. An equivalent combination of education, knowledge and demonstrated skills and experience may be considered.
- Experience in general office practices and procedures, meeting planning and preparations, minute-taking and transcribing.
- Experience in researching, drafting, writing and proofreading documents/correspondence.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs videoconferencing technology and equipment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic financial management and budgeting skills.
- Strong analytical, researching and reporting skills.
- Ability to problem solve and shift priorities quickly to meet tight deadlines.
- General knowledge of TH Final Agreement, TH Self-Government Agreement and TH Constitution.
- Ability to work as part of a team structure.
- Knowledge and experience working within a government office setting.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal Records Check.
- Class 5 Driver’s License and a clear Driver’s Abstract.
- Standard First Aid certification.
- TH 101 Cultural Awareness training.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Complete Posting