Finance Operations Officer
- Tr’ondek Hwech’in
- Tr'ondek Hwech'in Government
123, Dawson City, Y0B1G0, Canada (Dawson City, YT)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Finance Operations Officer – Permanent
Department: Finance & Capital
Location: Tr’ondek Hwech’in Offices – Dawson, YT
Posting Date: September 1, 2023
Standard Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: Level 7 Step 1 ($80,110.74 annually)
Closing Date: Until Filled
As a member of the TH Finance Team, the incumbent reports to the Finance Manager and is responsible for providing financial administrative services and support to all Departments. These duties include: General and Tr’inke Zho accounts receivable; financial reporting; bank deposits and bank entries; journal entries, petty cash; employee purchase program and charitable receipts. This position works with the Department Director, Finance Manager, finance staff and departments by providing help with financial reporting, follow-up on budget entries, copying and scanning contribution agreements. This position requires extensive knowledge of accounting and working experience and is required to be highly organized and ability driven to work on own upon training. As a professional, the incumbent performs all duties with a high degree of customer service, and in strict compliance with the Canada Labour Code, Human Rights Act, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), as well as Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in Government legislation, Finance act and regulations, policies and procedures.
An Eligibility List may be established from this competition – the duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full-time, permanent part-time, temporary full-time, temporary part-time, term, or auxiliary on-call vacancies within the same department and classification based on the organizational needs by going the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit a cover letter & resume clearly demonstrating the qualifications below, as selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide. Applications will not be accepted without a cover letter and resume.
- Post Secondary Certificate / Diploma in Accounting. An equivalent combination of education, experience, skills and abilities may be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with Sage Accpac and in an accounting position.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of accounting and electronic financial databases.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of financial procedures and processes including Budgets, General Ledger, journal entries, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Financial Reporting and Payroll.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent records management / filing skills in relation to the position.
- Excellent communication skills, including listening, oral and written.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural environment and be sensitive and understanding of First Nation Culture and Traditions.
- Strong planning, organizational, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- High professional and personal ethical standards, honesty, trustworthy and respectful.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prepare documentation accurately from verbal and written instruction.
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal records check and mandatory immediate notification to the supervisor if charged and convicted of any criminal offence while an employee of the TH Finance Department.
- Class 5 Driver’s License with clear driver’s abstract.
- TH101 cultural awareness training.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website