Facilities Maintenance Coordinator
- Tr’ondek Hwech’in
- Tr'ondek Hwech'in Government
Front Street, Dawson City, Y0B1G0, Canada (Dawson City, YT)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Facilities Maintenance Coordinator – Permanent
Department: Housing & Infrastructure
Location: Tr’ondek Hwech’in Offices – Dawson, YT
Posting Date: September 13, 2023
Standard Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: Level 7 Step 1 ($80,110.74 annually)
Closing Date 4:00pm (YST): September 25, 2023
Reporting to the Repairs and Maintenance Supervisor, the Facilities Maintenance Coordinator performs or directs the short and long-term maintenance of TH’s buildings and infrastructure, including potential property sites on settlement land for internal development. This position also conducts inspections and assessments of existing buildings, facilities and heritage sites, determines priorities and develops plans, specifications and cost projections for major repairs, renovations or upgrades. The incumbent assists in developing proposals and preparing expressions of interest, tenders, scopes of work and contracts and oversees major projects in a project management capacity. This position supports the Housing & Facilities Manager and the Repairs and Maintenance Supervisor by providing assistance with the preparation of annual preventative maintenance workplans and budgets. The position advises on the selection and purchasing of required parts and supplies for TH facilities and buildings and their associated systems (heating, electrical, plumbing, etc.) and equipment in a manner which anticipates the variety and timing of such needs to ensure they are maintained and operated in a safe and efficient manner. This position participates in the planning, development and maintenance of the TH/Community Emergency Plan. The incumbent also provides assistance in the development of the TH Assets Management Plan. This position supervises a Maintenance Assistant position.
An Eligibility List may be established from this competition – the duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full-time, permanent part-time, temporary full-time, temporary part-time, term, or auxiliary on-call vacancies within the same department and classification based on the organizational needs by going the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit a cover letter & resume clearly demonstrating the qualifications below, as selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide. Applications will not be accepted without a cover letter and resume.
- Grade 12 education, with a significant experience in residential housing systems oversight, repair and maintenance combined with over two years of post-secondary training in residential housing maintenance, heating systems, energy conservation measures and/or other relevant training. An equivalent combination of education, experience, skills and abilities may be considered.
- Experience in reading basic technical plans and drawings.
- Experience in supervising and coaching staff.
- Proficient knowledge of maintenance planning and administration.
- Experience with cost estimates and budget preparation.
- Computer proficiency (MS Outlook, Word, Excel and experience with maintenance software).
- Strong decision making, conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and ensure task completion.
- Training in relevant trades, such as electrical, plumbing, heating and HVAC systems, and carpentry, is an asset.
- Knowledge of Canadian and Yukon Building Codes.
- Knowledge of Yukon Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross cultural environment and be sensitive and understanding of First Nation Culture and Traditions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal Records Check (financial-related) with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Class 5 Driver’s License with a clear Driver’s Abstract.
- Remote First Aid or willingness to obtain.
- Boat Safety and Pleasure Craft Operator’s License / ATV Operations / Bear Aware training, or willingness to take.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website