Facilities Maintenance Assistant
- Tr’ondek Hwech’in
- Tr’ondek Hwech’in Government
Front Street, Dawson City, Yukon Territory, Y0B 1G0, Canada (Dawson City, YT)
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC WITH PREFERENCE TO TH CITIZENS
Competition #: 003-11-2023
Facilities Maintenance Assistant - Permanent
Department: Housing and Infrastructure
Location: Tr’ondek Hwech’in Offices – Dawson, YT
Posting Date: November 16, 2023
Standard Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: Level 5 Step 1 ($70,960.50 Annually)
Closing Date 4:00pm (YST): November 30, 2023
Reporting to the Facilities Maintenance Coordinator, this position is responsible for completing work orders related to the maintenance, repair or basic renovation of TH buildings and facilities, and where requested, TH rental housing units. The incumbent utilizes a variety of trade skills to complete the required work, on time and within budget. This position is also occasionally tasked with assisting with special projects and for providing services at TH gatherings and events or for the community at large. This position supports and takes direction from the Housing Maintenance Coordinator, when requested.
An Eligibility List may be established from this competition – the duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full-time, permanent part-time, temporary full-time, temporary part-time, term, or auxiliary on-call vacancies within the same department and classification based on the organizational needs by going the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit a cover letter & resume clearly demonstrating the qualifications below, as selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide. Applications will not be accepted without a cover letter and resume.
- Completion of Grade 10-12 (GED), or an equivalent combination of education, knowledge, skills and experience.
- Training or experience in general building trades, including; carpentry, plumbing and electrical.
- Experience in performing basic repairs, renovations and maintenance tasks.
- Advanced knowledge of and ability to safely operate a variety of hand and power tools.
- Advanced knowledge of hazards and safe work practices with respect to maintenance.
- Experience in dealing with the public in a service capacity.
- Commitment to take / update OH&S training, including; First Aid, WHMIS, TDG’s, Fall Restraint, Confined Workspaces, hazard assessments and development of safe operating procedures.
- Ability to devise work plans and schedules.
- Ability to receive, follow and give direction and establish priorities.
- Ability to assess maintenance projects for material needed to complete job.
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Class 5 driver’s license with a clear driver’s abstract.
- Standard First Aid certification.
- TH101 cultural awareness training.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Complete Posting