Employee Relations Specialist
- Kwanlin Dün First Nation
- Kwanlin Dün First Nation
35 McIntyre Dr., Whitehorse, YT, Y1A 5A5, Canada (Whitehorse, YT)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- 35 hours/week
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Position: Employee Relations Specialist
Department: Finance (Human Resources)
Term: Permanent Full-Time
Kwanlin Dün First Nation (KDFN) Human Resources Team is seeking an Employee Relations Specialist to join their fun, dynamic & growing team! Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the main duties for this role would include (but not be limited to):
- Providing KDFN supervisors, managers and directors with employee and staff relation guidance, assistance and expertise;
- Manage the recruitment & selection process for a variety of staffing competitions from start to finish;
- Work collaboratively with the HR team on various initiatives such as:
- Indigenizing the Human Resource process including recruitment & retention;
- Revamping the performance evaluation system;
- Researching various HRIS systems and how they could benefit KDFN processes and integrate with existing programs;
- And many more exciting projects!
We are seeking someone with a great team player attitude, excellent communication skills, solid organizational abilities and good detail orientation skills. Must have solid conflict resolution & mediation skills and be able to build & maintain positive working relationships with staff & colleagues.
- Diploma in Human Resources Management or a related discipline, combined with considerable current experience providing a broad range human resource, employment and staff relation support;
- Solid understanding of human resource practices, related legislation with specific experience in jurisprudence theory and staff/labour relations practices;
- Experience applying & interpreting variety of human resource and employment specific legislation and policy, preferably in a federally regulated work environment
- Experience supporting management with staff performance management and discipline;
- Experience conducting investigations, performing mediation and conflict resolution;
- Experience leading recruitment & selection activities
- Familiarity with restorative justice dispute resolution processes is an asset.
Knowledge of KDFN history, community, culture and tradition, demographics, goals and aspirations are required for success and may be assessed further.
An equivalent combination of post-secondary coursework, industry training & workshops, and considerable experience in the areas identified above will be considered.
Conditions of Employment: Acceptable Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, Personal transportation is an asset, proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 required.
Salary: $76,531 to $105,410.76 per annum ($42.05-$57.92 per hour) (Level 7) based on a 35-hour work week*
Closing Date: Wednesday, January 26th, 2022 at 4:30pm
*KDFN has a generous fully employer paid benefits package that commences after 3 months, and various generous paid leaves available as well. Own office available within the brand new Kashgêk’ Building at 35 McIntyre Dr.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources via email to email@example.com
Note: For those submitting applications via email, you will receive a manual response stating that your email has been received. If you do not receive this manual response, please contact the Human Resources Unit at 633-7800.
For a full job description, please access one on our website at http://www.kwanlindun.com/employment
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Note: The KDFN Hiring Preference Policy is in effect. KDFN reserves the right to underfill this position.
An eligibility list may be established from this competition to hire identical or similar positions in the future.
Note: Temporary Assignments from other governments and organizations of at least 2 years are open for discussion & consideration. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website