Employee Development Coordinator
- Tr’ondek Hwech’in
- Tr'ondek Hwech'in Government
Front, Dawson City, Y0B1G0, Canada (Dawson City, YT)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Employee Development Coordinator – Term
Department: Human Resources
Location: Tr’ondek Hwech’in Offices – Dawson, YT
Posting Date: September 11, 2023
Standard Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Start Date: Immediately
End Date: March 31, 2024
Salary: Level 7 Step 1 ($3,081.18 biweekly)
Closing Date 4:00pm (YST): September 22, 2023
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, this position coordinates all aspects of employee training and development with the objective of supporting and retaining a strong and healthy workforce. The incumbent’s primary responsibility will be to research, plan, coordinate and deliver in-house / external training activities, workshops, and regular employee appreciation events. This will also involve promoting and creating awareness of activities to encourage participant recruitment and registration in professional development opportunities. This position will identify and secure funding to sustain employee training and development opportunities and will ensure all activities are implemented in accordance with Human Resources (HR) Department functions, policies and procedures. The incumbent maintains collaborative working relationships with the HR Team and all TH department employees, to facilitate smooth planning and delivery of workforce development activities.
An Eligibility List may be established from this competition – the duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full-time, permanent part-time, temporary full-time, temporary part-time, term, or auxiliary on-call vacancies within the same department and classification based on the organizational needs by going the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit a cover letter & resume clearly demonstrating the qualifications below, as selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide. Applications will not be accepted without a cover letter and resume.
- Grade 12 equivalency combined with Post-Secondary training in office or business administration, event planning, human resources management, or similar. An equivalent combination of education, experience and abilities may be considered.
- Experience working in an office / corporate environment researching, planning, coordinating and implementing activities, events or projects for groups of adult participants.
- Experience identifying / evaluating training needs and planning, organizing and coordinating programs / courses to meet those needs (asset).
- Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office Suite including, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and ability to moderate videoconference / Zoom meetings.
- Experience using Microsoft 365, an asset.
- Knowledge of the Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in government structure, culture, traditions, history, demographics, family structures and socio-economic dynamics, challenges, and aspirations.
- General knowledge of Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in Land Claims Agreements, self-government agreement and implementation agreements and constitution.
- Good working knowledge of Canada Labour Code, Human Rights Act, and other related legislation and regulations (an asset).
- Relevant experience in monitoring/ managing budgets.
- Experience and proficiency in proposal writing and seeking external funding source (an asset).
- Ability to design, implement and coordinate effective training and development.
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related program software.
- Ability to manage financial, material and human resources.
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal Records Check.
- Class 5 Driver’s License and clear Driver’s Abstract.
- TH101 cultural awareness training.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website