Electrical Protection & Control Coordinator
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Whitehorse, YT
Miles Canyon Road , Whitehorse, Yukon (Whitehorse, YT)
- Hours / week:
- 40 hours/week
- Wage / Salary:
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Yukon Energy is the main generator and transmitter of electrical energy in the territory. Our plant facilities are on the Traditional Territory of Yukon First Nations. There are 14 First Nations in the territory and we work within these Traditional Territories in all of our business operations.
What will you do? Participate as a member of the Electrical Maintenance team and provide technical, design and project management services throughout all stages of assigned capital and O & M protection, control and other assigned electrical projects. Perform Journey level electrician work with a primary focus on new equipment installations and the rebuilding of existing assets.
What do you need to succeed?
- A two year diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited post-secondary educational institution;
- Proficient in Windows based computer applications as well as manufacture specific software, maintenance programs and electrical design software, maintenance programs and electrical design software;
- Ability to read and work off of blueprints as well as interpret drawings, diagrams and specifications on a variety of types of electrical and electronic equipment;
- Experience with high voltage test equipment;
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers;
- A proven track record and commitment to safe procedures and encouraging a safe work environment;
- A valid class-5 driver’s license and First Aid certificate as well as certification in WHIMS, TDG and rigging and hoisting.
· Journeyman Electrician, Power System Electrician and/or Instrumentation and Control certification would be an asset;
· Proven project management experience;
· Minimum of three years’ experience testing and maintaining protective relays;
· Strong troubleshooting skills;
What’s in it for you? We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. You will be part of a team enabling Yukon’s prosperity with sustainable, cost-effective and reliable electricity. We thrive on the challenge to work safety, to be accountable, working together to deliver professional service to internal and external customers. We care about each other and being good corporate citizens.
What are the working conditions? Exposure to high voltage equipment, heights, confined space and plant environment. Travel to isolated locations and periods of immediate stand-by coverage are requirements of this position. May be exposed to inclement weather while working outside and when traveling.
Yukon Energy values diversity in the workplace. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and we are committed to the employment and career development of Yukon First Nation citizens. First Nation candidates are encouraged to self-declare.
To view a full job description and to learn more about Yukon Energy, go to: .
To apply, submit a covering letter and resume to Human Resources at . Resumes and cover letters will be accepted until the position is filled. We thank all candidates for applying but only short-listed candidate will be contacted.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada for any employer. Position # 88-09 August 2020
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website