Educational Assistant - Old Crow
- First Nation School Board
- Chief Zzeh Gittlit School
Box 93 , Old Crow, Yukon (Old Crow, YT)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Chief Zzeh Gittlit School respectfully acknowledges that it is located within the traditional territory of the Vuntut Gwitchin First Nation.
Chief Zzeh Gittlit School (CZGS) is located in the community of Old Crow, Yukon Territory. Old Crow is a remote, flyin community in northern Yukon, 112 kilometers north of the Arctic Circle. Approximately 245 people live in Old Crow. Gwitchin is the traditional language of the Vuntut Gwitchin people.
Chief Zzeh Gittlit School is a K-12 school with approximately 40 students. CZGS is one of 8 Yukon schools who have joined the newly established First Nation School Board (FNSB) in the Yukon. We are actively seeking committed and qualified educators who are dedicated to living in and being an active member of the community and who can adapt well to a remote lifestyle. Our educational professionals’ value authentic relationships and are committed to working with students, community, administration and the FNSB to make positive, progressive changes to education outcomes for learners of Old Crow.
For more information about our school, please visit http://czg.yukonschools.ca/
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Please clearly demonstrate on your cover letter and resume, how you meet the following qualifications and experience:
• Grade 12 graduation or equivalent;
• Experience working with youth;
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND SUITABILITY:
• Ability to work effectively with students, teachers and parents;
• Willingness to learn and incorporate the Gwitchin language into daily classroom activities and curriculum;
• Adaptability to cope with a wide variety of situations;
• Ability to work as a member of a team;
• Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
• Flexibility to undertake a variety of assignments;
• Ability to work with minimal supervision;
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Security Clearance (Vulnerable Sector Check) prior to starting work;
• Standard First Aid Certificate or a willingness to complete within 3 months;
• Completion of the Educational Assistant Module by the end of the 2022/23 school year.
• Include three references along with your cover letter and resume
• If you are a permanent (indeterminate) Educational Assistant in a Yukon school, you will need to seek permission from your Superintendent to apply on this job.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website