Customer Service Representative
- Northwestel Inc.
301 Lambert St., Whitehorse, Y1A 4Y4, Canada (Whitehorse, YT)
- Part time
- Hours / week:
- 30 hours/week
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Northwestel is seeking part-time Customer Services Representatives to maintain and develop positive relationships with Northwestel's Customers to enhance overall customer satisfaction. We are looking for someone to work 30 hours a week.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. If you are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority please indicate so when you are completing the pre-screen questions as you apply to receive hiring preference.
- Maintain and develop positive relationships with Northwestel's Customers to enhance overall customer satisfaction.
- Effectively manage customer requests for products and/or services information, order status, account status and order requests.
- Take ownership to continually learn and understand Northwestel’s products, services and promotional offerings to effectively present solutions to customers.
- Utilize fact-finding skills to qualify and quantify customer requirements to ensure that customized solutions provided meet customer expectations and business requirements.
- Contribute and add value to Northwestel revenues by proactively identifying and recommending products and/or services to meet customer's needs including an effort to retain customers on Northwestel services.
- Respond to electronic requests and inquiries utilizing superior customer service and business writing skills.
- Follow proper procedures and protocol when dealing with requirements for assessing credit risk and limiting Northwestel’s bad debt. This includes assessing security deposit requirements based on appropriate credit check procedures and also negotiating payment with customers on overdue accounts.
- Complete all order entry and clerical duties as required in an organized and timely fashion ensuring order accuracy to meet customer’s requirements.
- Effectively resolve conflicts to the mutual satisfaction of both the customer and Northwestel. First level of support for customer complaints.
- Actively participate in coaching and training initiatives.
- Assist in identifying opportunities for improvement in work processes and procedures to create operational efficiencies and positively impact customer satisfaction.
- Working in a structured call center environment, effectively self manage individual performance to ensure Corporate and Department targets/goals and mandated service levels are achieved. Work shifts as required to accommodate customers.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years experience in customer service and/or sales with proven customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail, including managing complex requests
- Successful candidates will be required to pass an exam incorporating customer service skills, problem solving, math, keyboarding, and computer applications.
- Previous Call Centre experience focusing on customer service and sales is an asset
- Knowledge of applications used by Customer Service teams and service delivery processes is an asset
- As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Complete Posting