Configuration Manager, Video
301 Lambert St, Whitehorse, Y1A 1Z5, Canada (Whitehorse, YT)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
This role works within the competitive Cable and Streaming Video landscape offering opportunities to develop your career and lead projects across Northern Canada. This includes capacity management, optimizing system performance and providing configuration intelligence to assist in proactively ensuring that adequate network and OSS (Operational Support Systems) capacity is provided for. The Configuration Manager will manage network equipment (video distribution) along with the CPE equipment required for the delivery of Cable TV and Streaming Video services. This role is involved in project delivery, infrastructure, and applications management.
This role is involved in project delivery, infrastructure, and applications management. In addition, key elements of this role include assisting with evolution planning, architecture, and security.
The Configuration Manager supports key Northwestel business initiatives to deliver innovative solutions for customers across our operating territory.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
- Plan and manage capacity for the elements in the video distribution network.
- Review traffic engineering recommendations, network deployment plans, and content growth requests.
- Network conversion and infrastructure cutover coordination.
- Participates in design reviews and provides input into cutover plans.
- Provide technical support with customers to identify needs and forecast future requirements. As well, provide technical support to field technicians as required.
- Capacity requirement tracking and capacity need reporting to our Planning group.
- Proactively support the management of operational problems through to a solution, thus ensuring optimum utilization and performance of assets.
- Asset optimization, automation, and repurposing.
- Predicting and reporting assets replacement requirements based on age, ROI, capacity etc. – this includes ensuring that records are maintained for the various elements of the network to ensure accurate information is maintained for Planning dept, CRTC filings and capacity tracking.
- Release Management, including patch management (or) coordination of patches.
- Change management (overall coordination of change) on the assets being monitored.
- The incumbent is required to keep abreast of new technologies and changes in technologies and identify their training requirements.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Technical degree with two+ year's experience in the telecommunications/systems environment
- Knowledge of the interaction of systems and networks and the impact of changes to one system or network on all others
- Strong knowledge of the various networks and systems used throughout the company and keep on top of changes as technology and telecommunication systems evolve.
- Excellent analytical, system performance gathering skills to determine root cause quantification.
- Project management skills for effective cutover and release management of the various systems and possess effective customer relationship skills.
- Experience with vendor, contractor and/or right-of-way negotiations – and development of related contracts and agreements
- Knowledge of SONET, xWDM, Microwave transport and fibre optic system design principles
- Advanced knowledge of CATV, HFC and PON architectures, Network Design Specifications
- Strong knowledge of IP and routing protocols (OSPF, BGP)
- Strong knowledge of CPE equipment (modems, ONU/ONT, set top boxes, streaming devices)
- Familiarity with MPLS, L2-VPNs, VPLS, SNMP, VLANs, STP
- Familiarity with Streaming Video ecosystems, content transcoding methodologies, and Android TV platforms.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products, SAP and AutoCAD (preferred)
- As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety-conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Complete Posting