Community Service Technician (CST) - Multiple Locations
- Multiple Locations
NA, Multiple Locations (Varies)
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Community Service Technicians (CST's) help maintain Northwestel services in our many remote communities. You can make a difference in your home community by providing an essential service. Northwestel values and is committed to preserving natural resources, traditional knowledge, traditions, languages, and ceremonies of Indigenous peoples and communities.
Currently hiring trusted community members for:
- Fort McPherson, NT
- Tulita, NT
- Ulukhaktok, NT
- Lutselk'e, NT
- Cape Dorset, NU
- Chesterfield Inlet, NU
- Clyde River, NU
- Grise Fiord, NU
- Naujaat, NU
- Resolute, NU
- Whale Cove, NU
- Old Crow, YT
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Please clearly indicate on your application if you are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if you wish to receive hiring preference.
For this position, we provide you training so you can:
- Provide customer service to your local community.
- Install and maintain telephone jacks and outside wiring.
- Connect telephone lines in local exchanges.
- Service high speed data circuits.
- Work with remote assistance to help resolve Central Office issues and alarms.
- Work with technicians when they are in the community.
- Install, maintain, and collect coins from payphones.
- Maintain a clean and safe working site and follow safety practices.
Skills we need you to have:
- A trusted individual in your community.
- Skills in working with your hands, technology, and a willingness to work outdoors in all weather.
- Valid driver’s license, or willing to acquire within 90 days, with your own reliable transportation (truck, quad, snowmobile).
- Grade 10 education with reading and writing skills.
- Experience using a computer, regular communication through email is required.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and on a team.
- Must be physically capable of performing duties (climbing poles, working on ladders, outdoors, flying in small planes).
- Must be able to travel for training.
- As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
Northwestel provides employees:
- Ongoing training and development that will be transferable to your community.
- Hourly wages starting at $27.86, depending on experience.
- Guaranteed a minimum of 10 hours of work per week.
- Vehicle and gas allowance paid for days worked.
- Discounts on Northwestel internet, cable, and telephone, where available.
- Discounts on Bell wireless and video services, where available.
- Northwestel provides a defined benefit pension plan, participation after 2 years of employment.
- Access to Resilience®, a full-service employee family assistance program through Manulife that supports health at work, at home, and in life.
- Access to LifeSpeak, an online video series that you and your family can access anytime, anywhere for expert, confidential information on a wide range of topics, from physical and mental health to personal growth to professional development.
HAVE QUESTIONS? For more information or to apply:
- Visit our website at ca/community/work-us/why-work-here
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax 867-668-3236
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website