Clinical Counsellor - RePost
- Kwanlin Dün First Nation
- Kwanlin Dün First Nation
35 McIntyre Driver, Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 5A5, Canada (Whitehorse, YT)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- 35 hours/week
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Kwanlin Dün First Nation (KDFN) is seeking a qualified Clinical Counsellor to join their Spiritual & Mental Wellness team. Reporting to the Manager, Spiritual & Mental Wellness, this position provides professional, confidential, and culturally competent clinical counselling services to Kwanlin Dün First Nation (KDFN) citizens, primarily through individual sessions. Some group counselling and psychoeducational workshops will also be offered through the role.
The counsellor will take a strength-based approach in the provision of comprehensive counselling services to a wide-range of citizens (e.g. youth and adults) in the areas of trauma, addictions, violence, depression, anxiety and relationships. This position requires an in-depth understanding of the personal, interpersonal, historical, and societal factors that influence mental health and well-being among KDFN citizens, including but not limited to residential schools, intergenerational impacts, violence, and sexual abuse. The incumbent will be visibly engaged with the broader KDFN community and make efforts to connect with the community.
Our successful candidate will be a contributing team member, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and have the ability to foster a therapeutic alliance with clients.
- Master’s Degree required in Counselling Psychology (preferred) or similar (e.g. Psychology or Social Work).
- Certification with a recognized professional counselling body (e.g. CCPA, Psychologist); eligibility for certification may be considered.
- 1-3 years of experience delivering individual counselling services to a diverse group of clients.
- Knowledge and skills in experiential methods including wilderness, land-based and/or adventure therapy is an asset.
- Experience working in a First Nations community-based mental health and addictions/trauma setting is an asset.
- Registration as Mental Health Counselling Provider with Indigenous Service Canada is an asset.
- Knowledge of Kwanlin Dün and Yukon First Nation history, culture, demographics, social structure, goals and aspirations.
Note: an equivalent combination of formal education and considerable experience in the above areas may be considered.
Conditions of employment: Class 5 driver’s license; First Aid and CPR; acceptable pre-employment criminal record and vulnerable sector search; Food Safe Level 1; Ability to demonstrate and maintain a healthy self-sufficient lifestyle.
- Additional Information:
- *KDFN has a generous employer paid benefits package (which includes a matching pension plan) that commences after 3 months of continued employment. Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources via fax 867-633-8414, or via email to email@example.com. Note: For those submitting applications via email, you will receive a manual response stating that your email has been received. If you do not receive this response within two business days, please contact the KDFN HR Department at 867-633-7800. For a full job description, please visit our website at http://www.kwanlindun.com/employment We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Temporary Assignments may be considered, please ensure you have approval prior to applying. The KDFN Hiring Preference Policy is in effect. An eligibility list may be established from this competition to hire identical or similar positions in the future. KDFN reserves the right to underfill this position.
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website