Capital Financial Analyst
NA, Whitehorse, Canada (Whitehorse, YT)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
The Capital Financial Analyst, reporting to the Manager of Corporate Portfolio Management, supports the Portfolio Management team with monthly reporting, analysis and documentation of the capital budget and other financial planning activities. This position will manage cross-departmental relationships to support the financial forecasting process for in-year forecasts, budget and long-range planning. The Capital Analyst also supports the department’s project governance and resource management processes. Additionally, this position involves providing general financial reporting and analysis to a variety of situations as the need arises.
- Provide support to the Corporate Portfolio Manager in preparing and analyzing monthly results and variances.
- Provide timely, accurate, relevant and reliable on-going financial information to the organization, through the use of reports, training, and counsel to ensure that decisions are made effectively and strategically.
- Provide monthly support to the project and budget managers as required. This frequently involves investigation to determine the causes of variances.
- Conduct “budget and YEE tutorials” to project and budget managers across the organization.
- Co-ordinate and communicate the annual capital budgeting process. This includes creating budget templates, managing the process to collect the budget needs of the organization, support project managers with completing their budget submissions, analyze the budget submission, and present complete budget to Corporate Portfolio Manager.
- Identify large variances in spend expectancy versus budgeted amount and communicate to project primes, Corporate Portfolio Manager and Senior Management.
- Develop, maintain and improve models and templates to be used for recurring forecasting, budgeting and resourcing purposes.
- Support the Portfolio Management team with administration analysis of the capacity management process.
- Assist with or respond to ad-hoc financial and resource requests from internal and external customers.
- Manage yearly Statistic Canada reporting requirements.
- Manage and support yearly auditing requests.
- Work on special projects as required.
Knowledge and Competencies Required
This position requires an individual who holds a finance and/or accounting designation (or enrolled in a program) with one to two years of budgeting and analysis experience. The incumbent must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments within a self-managed environment. The individual must possess strong interpersonal, communication (oral, written and presentation), research, financial modelling and analytical skills. Advanced Excel abilities are required.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field.
Bachelors or better in Finance or related field.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website