Auxiliary on Call - Registered Nurse
- Kwanlin Dün First Nation
- Kwanlin Dün First Nation
35 McIntyre Drive, Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 5A5, Canada (Whitehorse, YT)
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Kwanlin Dün First Nation (KDFN) is seeking on call Registered Nurses in the areas of Home & Community Care, Nursing Clinic, Healthy Baby Healthy Generation, and Outreach. Reporting to the Manager, Health Promotion and/or the Manager, Home & Community Care; the incumbents provide public health services and community based nursing for KDFN. The incumbents work closely with other community resources in the provision and coordination of programs and services to children, individuals and families.
The successful candidates’ excellent interpersonal skills, will support the establishment & maintenance of trust based relationships & demonstrating their high professional ethics.
Willingness to learn and work within the social structure in Kwanlin Dün, their families, the social conditions, and social dynamics prevailing in the community will aid to your success in the position.
- Registered Nurse Degree and current registration and in good standing with the Yukon Registered Nurses Association (YRNA).
- Recently applied knowledge of theory, practice and techniques of a registered nurse, acquired through current work experience with children, individuals and/or families.
- Successful experience in community health services
- In-depth knowledge and experience working with indigenous health and social issues;
- Knowledge of Yukon First Nation history, culture, goals & aspirations, and the importance of spiritual beliefs and traditional healing practices.
Conditions of Employment: valid Class 5 Driver’s license; TDG Certification, Yukon Certificate Immunization Competency (willingness to obtain within 2 months of hire & maintain); TB testing; Security Clearance with vulnerable sector completion; First Aid & CPR; YRNA Registration.
Job Requirements: travel within Whitehorse city limits; exposure to second hand smoke, pets and home visits may be required.
- Additional Information:
- To apply to this competition please indicate in your cover letter which of the following programs you are interested in: Community Health Nurse, Healthy Baby Healthy Generation, or Outreach. Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources, via fax (633-8414), or via email to email@example.com Note: For those submitting applications via email, you will receive a manual response stating that your email has been received. If you do not receive this manual response within two (2) business days, please contact the Human Resources Unit. For a full job description, please visit our website at http://www.kwanlindun.com/employment We thank all those who apply; only those screened in for an interview will be contacted. Note: The KDFN Hiring Preference Policy will be in effect, so please be sure to clearly self-identify. An eligibility list may be established from this competition to hire identical or similar positions in the future. KDFN reserves the right to underfill this position.
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website