AOC Finance Assistant
- Tr’ondek Hwech’in
- Tr'ondek Hwech'in Government
Front Street, Dawson City, Y0B1G0, Canada (Dawson City, YT)
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
AOC Finance Assistant
Department: Finance and Capital
Location: Tr’ondek Hwech’in Office in Dawson, YT
Posting Date: August 2, 2023
Standard Hours Bi-Weekly: Auxiliary On-Call
Start Date: Immediately
End Date: March 31, 2024 with possible extension
Salary: Level 5 Step 1 ($33.80 per hour)
Closing Date: On-Going
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Finance Assistant is responsible for assisting with the processing of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and performs a variety of other financial duties in accordance with TH legislation, policies, procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. The Position also co administers the TH Trust Disbursements. The Finance Assistant provides financial, administrative and clerical support to all finance positions and performs all duties and responsibilities with a high level of customer service. This position also acts as the Accounts Payable Co-Coordinator during absences.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit a cover letter & resume clearly demonstrating the qualifications below, as selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide. Applications will not be accepted without a cover letter and resume.
- Completion of Grade 10 supplemented with practical and general office training/experience or minimum of 1 years’ experience working in an accounting office.
- Experience using a computer and associated software.
- Experience with data entry.
- Knowledge of general office equipment operations.
- Basic knowledge or experience in financial procedures, processes and budgeting.
- Microsoft Office skills (word, excel) or a willingness to learn.
- Ability to honour and communicate the importance of strict confidentiality
- Experience with AccPac.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural environment and be sensitive and understanding of First Nation Culture and Traditions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal records check and mandatory immediate notification to the supervisor if charged and/or convicted of any criminal offence while an employee of the TH Finance Department.
- No travel or leave during the annual audit period between March and May, unless approved by the Director due to extenuating circumstances.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website