Analyst, Business Systems
- Whitehorse, YT, Yellowknife, NT
NA, Multiple Locations (Varies)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
This job is accountable for application development and technical support of Northwestel enterprise applications. The Analyst is involved in a wide range of project and application support activities including the analysis of user requirements, application and integration design, development, maintenance, incident management and technical support in a medium to highly complex environment.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
- Works with internal customers and Business and Process Analysts to gather, document and analyze requirements to determine solutions.
- Determines scope of project/request assesses possible solutions, and makes recommendations, with an understanding of the "big picture".
- Creates detailed specifications for complex systems and ensures development meets the business need.
- May perform feasibility assessments and studies and design prototypes for a proposed solution and present them to the internal customer.
- Accountable for application-related content in the creation of project proposals, including risk evaluation, escalation, scheduling of work and estimates for programming effort and other costs.
- Performs related programming functions required for very complex programs to support specific business solutions and conversions.
- Participates in the definition of architecture for large projects under the guidance of a systems architect.
- Performs level 2 or 3 responses on IT incidents. Maybe Situation Manager on major IT incidents. If necessary, request and facilitate external vendor support with the aim to restore a failed service as quickly as possible.
- Understand reported security vulnerabilities and remediate these vulnerabilities in response to periodic and structured scanning and assessment programs.
- Develops complex unit, system and integration test specifications and maintains documentation and data models.
- Provides design and test guidance and expertise to members of a project team.
- Plans and controls the movement of releases to test and production environments, ensuring that the integrity of the production environment is protected, and the correct components are released.
- Manages the lifecycle of problems with the primary objective of preventing incidents from happening and minimizing the impact of incidents that cannot be prevented, including the maintenance of records about known errors and workarounds.
- Coaches/mentors/ and provides direction for junior resources.
Knowledge and Competencies Required
- Degree in Computer Science or System Engineering, or equivalent with a minimum of two (2) years of related experience, or a Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent with a minimum of three (3) years of related experience.
- Strong project and time management, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Experience in managing, supporting and/or developing BSS, OSS and NMS applications typically found in a telecommunications enterprise would be considered an asset.
As a safety-conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website